DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone ever taken their mavic to the Bahamas?

There is a YouTube video of a young couple that tried to take their P4 to the Bahamas. It was confiscated when they got there and didn't get it back until they left.

Last edited:
Just got back from the Bahamas and it was awesome, no trouble what's so ever with my mavic!

Just got back from the Bahamas and it was awesome, no trouble what's so ever with my mavic!

Did they request your registration information upon entry, or did you "fly under the radar". I just got my registration today, planning on flying in a couple weeks.

I’m headed to Bahamas at the end of February, I got a letter of approval from Mr. Gregory Edwards , as well as a approval to import letter from Whitney Kenny. So hopefully no issues on arrival

Reactions: Cabledog
I’m headed to Bahamas at the end of February, I got a letter of approval from Mr. Gregory Edwards , as well as a approval to import letter from Whitney Kenny. So hopefully no issues on arrival

Do you mind me asking who you contacted? we are travelling there in June and we would love to take our drone.
Would love to hear how you get on when you get back :)

Do you mind me asking who you contacted? we are travelling there in June and we would love to take our drone.
Would love to hear how you get on when you get back :)
Gregory Edwards
[email protected]
- I asked for a letter of authorization to fly my drone, needed to send original receipt, drone make and model and serial number

Whitney Kenny
[email protected]
- I asked for a letter of authorization to import my drone, need to send the same as above.

Took 1-2 weeks to hear back. Have a good trip

Reactions: dbyantis
Gregory Edwards
[email protected]
- I asked for a letter of authorization to fly my drone, needed to send original receipt, drone make and model and serial number

Whitney Kenny
[email protected]
- I asked for a letter of authorization to import my drone, need to send the same as above.

excellent, thank you!
I will give it a try

re: video - that's a pretty stupid way to transport your UAS -- although i guess he admits that.

Gregory Edwards
[email protected]

Whitney Kenny
[email protected]

Did you have to pay a fee on entry? I have heard of fairly outrageous "deposit" requirements.

If they want $400 deposit at entry, that's a non starter. Which sucks as one reason I bought now was to use on our catamaran cruise in April.

I took mine with no problem but I arrive on a private boat so that was easy

Oh great. Im also planning a trip or planned a trip flying into San Juan and then on a small American Airline puddle jumper to Tortola the following day. From there I'll be hopping on a catamaran for a 5 day sailing trip.

I'm assuming I'll need additional paperwork? This just got over complicated real quick.

Got permission from Mr Edwards as advised. THANK YOU !
Had in packpack and never needed to show it or deal with customs search. It seems the search is random. Not sure if they would have asked for money.
Don’t wait in the customs lines that search your bags.
Walk right between them as others do. I think they pick people to search. But if you are not paying attention you might find you are waiting in a line to be searched.
This of course is not the immigration line that you encounter immediately off plane. It’s after bag carousel. Happy flying.
Ps-try polarizer filter on Mav over the clear water. Sweet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929