DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone got video shaking like this?

Sparky

Reactions
For the first time today I tried going into sport mode on the Mavic Pro and noticed severe shaking of the video. I'm using a Nvidia shield K1 for the control tablet. Also using the new low noise props. Normally in non sport mode the video is much smoother. Update, just found out this effect is called "Jello" now I see a number of posts on this. Any advice appreciated

This first part of this video is flying in sport mode showing the shaking, the last part is not in sport mode trying out a point of interest which it did without the video shaking

Last edited:
Are you shooting 4K? I see that you are recording in auto mode. You might want to try going manual and seeing if things change. Your shutter speed is really high. You might want to get a set of ND filters to bring parameters into a saner range. Typically you'd want your shutter speed to be as close to twice your frame rate as you can get. Keep the ISO low 400 tops and then experiment ND filters until your shutter speed is about 2x the frame rate. You're also flying really fast when you're in Sport mode so this could also be an artifact of gimbal shake from being buffeted by the wind. You'll just have to play around with it and see what works. I'd try getting the speed down and the camera parameters in line.

For the first time today I tried going into sport mode on the Mavic Pro and noticed severe shaking of the video. I'm using a Nvidia shield K1 for the control tablet. Also using the new low noise props. Normally in non sport mode the video is much smoother. Update, just found out this effect is called "Jello" now I see a number of posts on this. Any advice appreciated

This first part of this video is flying in sport mode showing the shaking, the last part is not in sport mode trying out a point of interest which it did without the video shaking

How do the actual video files look, that looks like a video for your flight stream

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser