DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried the DJI Mavic PRO MaXX Mod Pro Range Extender?

IMG_0329.JPG I have the LHCP & RHCP ( circular polarized ) antennas on a P4 remote and the penetration and distance is amazing , interested to see how they work on a Mavic , I imagine the results would be similar...

Don't buy from Drone World. They are notorious con artists. They take other people's stuff and claim they invented it and target the "newbies".

For example that antenna is actually the style sold by FPVLR. The Panel they sell as the "DragonBridge" is a panel made by ITELITE and sold by MAXXUAV and DBSMODS.

They tell you they install special secret Amps in the remote, they don't.

If you want to do this go to FPVLR or DBS MODS.

Don't buy from Drone World. They are notorious con artists. They take other people's stuff and claim they invented it and target the "newbies".

For example that antenna is actually the style sold by FPVLR. The Panel they sell as the "DragonBridge" is a panel made by ITELITE and sold by MAXXUAV and DBSMODS.

They tell you they install special secret Amps in the remote, they don't.

If you want to do this go to FPVLR or DBS MODS.
Hey, but at least they add $600 to the price of the Mavic package.

Try Titan Drones' new Control antenna for the Mavic and the phantoms and inspires as well. They are circular polarized, powerful, and lightweight.
Titan Drones, Inc.

Has anyone tried the DJI Mavic PRO MaXX Mod Long Range Antennas? (MaXX MOD DJI Mavic Pro Range Extender 3 Antenna Kit + Installation -)

I'm thinking about picking it up, but wanting to know if it is a gimmick first
I purchased the full Maxx Mod kit and was very disappointed. I've seen YouTube videos of people using maxx Mod and successfully adding range, however, my experience was not the same. I just ordered the Titan Tactical package, which appears to be of made up of much better components and at a better price point. I will put my feedback on here once I use the Titan, but I can definitively say that I personally view the Maxx Mod as a GREATLY overpriced gimmick.

I purchased the full Maxx Mod kit and was very disappointed. I've seen YouTube videos of people using maxx Mod and successfully adding range, however, my experience was not the same. I just ordered the Titan Tactical package, which appears to be of made up of much better components and at a better price point. I will put my feedback on here once I use the Titan, but I can definitively say that I personally view the Maxx Mod as a GREATLY overpriced gimmick.

Any results from this?

I don't know. The video Drone World did on the Maxx mod looked pretty convincing to me on both the Mavic Air and the Pro. Do you think they cheated on it? Anybody else besides conchman use one of the Maxx mods from Drone World. Marc.

I would listen to actual users before I'd believe a promotional video from the company that sells whatever you're looking to buy.

I can't comment on those range boosters but I haven't seen any great reviews of them either. But if you're going to drop that kind of cash on a range booster I would suggest buying the Titan Switch. It's the same price and it's boosted with 3 watt amps whereas the Maxxmod one isn't amped at all. Not a good deal in my opinion. My friend owns the Titan Switch and I've personally seen him go out 9 miles with his Mavic Pro.

If you do order the Switch you'll need to buy the 2.4 ghz one. Just an FYI.

Also you'll have to modify your remote to accept either setup, so factor that into the price. It'll add another $100 to the Switch while the Maxxmod has a limited time offer to do it for free, or if you like to tinker you can do it yourself. There's a video on how to do it on the Titan website and they'll include everything you'll need to complete the job. My suggestion would still be to buy the Switch over the Maxmodd just because the Maxmodd isn't amplified and that makes a big difference in performance.

Last edited:
I recently purchased the SWITCH from Titan and its awesome! I HIGHLY recommend it!
It took about an hour to install.. Not hard at all...
It easily doubled maybe tripled my range (still testing, crappy weather in MI)
Places I completely lost signal I had FULL signal with amp running!

Last edited:
Antenna is a tricky and some times too knowledge demanding operation.
I am thinking that a good idea is to by a pair of good quality hellicoil or TBS Triumph or a Pagoda antennas with the corresponding wirring and terminal, and place them, just the same way other expensive kits (like 4hawk) are installed, and see better results in a fraction of cost.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka