DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used “FPV camera for Mavic”?

KirkJHayes

Reactions
I tried it out last week and destroyed my Mavic Pro. Paying 375 bucks now to replace all the broken stuff.

I don’t think it is the fault of the software, but rather my own.

I'm curious as to what happened to cause the crash.

I think I programmed the way points incorrectly or didn’t understand the way points programming.

I wanted the drone to hover at about 20 ft them move to way point 1 and raise to 100 ft. What happened is the drone immediately went to 100 ft, crashing into some tree branches.

I was unable to stop the drone from raising. Someone told me that I could have hit the “pause” button, but I was unaware that was an option.

I think I programmed the way points incorrectly or didn’t understand the way points programming.

I wanted the drone to hover at about 20 ft them move to way point 1 and raise to 100 ft. What happened is the drone immediately went to 100 ft, crashing into some tree branches.

I was unable to stop the drone from raising. Someone told me that I could have hit the “pause” button, but I was unaware that was an option.

What a bummer. I suppose it would have been advisable to initially practise with the application in a more open space. Oh well, at least the drone isn't a total write-off.

Were you using the DJI Go 4, Litchi or some other app?

Were you using the DJI Go 4, Litchi or some other app?

He was using a DJI Go 4 alternative called FPV Camera for DJI.

I
He was using a DJI Go 4 alternative called FPV Camera for DJI.

Thank you!

I recommend Litchi for waypoint mission planning. However, I have learned (the hard way) to execute the flight AFTER take off and hovering about 15 feet. This assures the aircraft is not obscured by tree branches, etc

I have used FPV, Autopilot and Litchi extensively and can vouch all three products work extremely well imo. I must say though that for setting up a quick waypoint mission FPV was absolutely my "goto". Autopilot was great for complex ones but did require a steep learning curve albeit the end results were very gratifying. Alas now I only have a Mavic 2 Pro which means my only option is Litchi which is ok but had I done my homework before selling my old Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro I may not have purchased the newer drone. I have contacted both the developers of FPV and Autopilot inquiring if there will ever be an update but never got a response. Very disappointing.

I have used FPV, Autopilot and Litchi extensively and can vouch all three products work extremely well imo. I must say though that for setting up a quick waypoint mission FPV was absolutely my "goto". Autopilot was great for complex ones but did require a steep learning curve albeit the end results were very gratifying. Alas now I only have a Mavic 2 Pro which means my only option is Litchi which is ok but had I done my homework before selling my old Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro I may not have purchased the newer drone. I have contacted both the developers of FPV and Autopilot inquiring if there will ever be an update but never got a response. Very disappointing.

Any tips on how to learn FPV or is it mostly trial and error?

Reactions: KirkJHayes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121