DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used a Samsung Tab A for MA2?

Mantis20

Reactions
I have been getting the CPU fully utilized while using my iPad mini 4 + cellular. It has been a disaster with huge latency. So bad it is difficult to control the flight. I am looking for a different tablet with enough cpu power to work. I don’t want to spend another $500. Working suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a TAB A, fine with the drone but the TAB A does not have an inbuilt compass so the "radar" will not point to the drone. I also purchased some anti glare shields.

Reactions: JackL
By all accounts on here you need to be careful when dealing with the A series. Some people have had zero problems with sideloading and others can't get Fly to run. I would venture to guess that with the A models they sometimes use Exynos chips, some mediatek and possibly a few have lower specced snapdragons depending on the screen size, model year and so on.
You can get the tab s6 lite for $350 regular price but as low as $225-250 on sale. 10.4 inch screen, plenty of battery and storage and runs Fly beautifully.

Reactions: illmx and JackL
Not sure where you live.
I got galaxy Tab A 8.4
64 bit from Rogers love this tab loads fly straight from Dji
No onboard compass but you get the full map just no pointer but you should know where you are by looking at the map

Very light cost me nothing and has it shares my data so no map load issues at all
970cc23aee4028e0eef17889d14057f8.jpg

Reactions: Alloy and JackL
Not sure what models of the Tab A are available where you live but in Australia (in case anyone from Australia reads this) the only Tab A available has only 2GB RAM and only has a 32bit CPU and Android which does not support DJI FLY app. I know as my wife has a Tab A.

Loading the app is not the only problem. Most of the Tab A are very under-powered with RAM. The video feed is very choppy and delayed. Some of this can be offset by turning off other processes. How long will that method work as the app evolves?

FWIW, my TAB A info screen says:

(8.0",2019) SM-T290
Android 10
One UI core 2.1
Kernel 4.9.186

This tablet works great with DJI FLY for me. My biggest issue with it is the microusb connector not being USB-C .

Yes my Tab A 8.4

Is 64bit Arm

UsbC. With sd slot. Works perfect. Big but small and light.
I would recommend it if you can get it cheap.

Reactions: Alloy and JackL
Yes my Tab A 8.4

Is 64bit Arm

UsbC. With sd slot. Works perfect. Big but small and light.
I would recommend it if you can get it cheap.

I would have expected one with cellular to have a compass as well.

The Samsung Tab A name must cover dozens of versions of the tablet based on all the posts and reviews I have read around here!

I have been getting the CPU fully utilized while using my iPad mini 4 + cellular. It has been a disaster with huge latency. So bad it is difficult to control the flight. I am looking for a different tablet with enough cpu power to work. I don’t want to spend another $500. Working suggestions would be appreciated.
You will be disappointed with the inexpensive tab a models. My 2019 sm-t290 just barely worked. Then when I ran a screen recorder.....forget it. Couldn't process the data. Back in the box it went. Save yourself some grief and save up for something proven to work.
Ken

I did a lot of research into the Tab A and the model sold in Australia will not work with the DJI FLY app dur to the fact that they only have the 32 bit version of Android. Canada and USA models are ok.

Reactions: lee8sec
Not sure what models of the Tab A are available where you live but in Australia (in case anyone from Australia reads this) the only Tab A available has only 2GB RAM and only has a 32bit CPU and Android which does not support DJI FLY app. I know as my wife has a Tab A.
True, i got a apple mini 5 that works fine.

Tab A sucks.. it is underpowered and will be choppy. Get the mini 5 if ios is your thing. Get a Tripltek Pro if android is your thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61