DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used recovery software on an Android device to try and recover flight logs

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Ok I SCREWED UP I was renaming flight logs on my computer and deleted 185 or so txt logs.
Not only did I delete them but I emptied the waste bin and defragmented the drive! I was chucking out a load of stuff from all over the drive so there would have been empty spaces all over the place. Those logs are beyond recovery, I have tried.
I found around 100 on the phones/tablets I have used but one phone is missing all but one of the logs that should have been on it. I know this because I have a spread sheet which, for many of the logs lists the log vs phone etc.

I have tried 3 recovery programs that are 'said' to be able to do it from windows and 2 don't seem to be doing anything after USB debugging has been enabled and the third I don't think is capable. So, I think I am looking at using an app installed on the phone itself. I realise the chances of being able to recover anything is slim as the space these logs took on the phone has probably been overwritten but I can but try.
I still have a few memory cards (these are not cards that have been used in the drone or phone but old cards I sometimes store stuff on) to check just in case I dumped logs on there. Oh, a lot of the recovery app seem aimed and photos, contacts etc. etc. I have yet to see one that mentions txt files

Not only did I delete them but I emptied the waste bin and defragmented the drive!
If you've synched your flight data, it's safe.
But if you've fragged, there's very little chance you'll be able to recover much at all.
It might be time to move on.

Thanks.
I have defragged the drives on the computer but not the phone and it is the phone that is 'my last gasp'. Though I will have a look and see if by a very slim chance I did sync the phone.

Have you tried syncing your logs?
If the missing logs were already synced to DJI, then when you sync again, they should get downloaded from DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU