DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has Anyone used the VISIONHMD Bigeyes H3 video goggles with DJI Fly app for FPV?

BobN2Tech

Reactions
I am considering using the VISIONHMD Bigeyes H3 goggles with the ScreenBeam Mini 2 dongle to mirror the DJI Mini 2 RC to the goggles. It has HDMI input and 2 LCD screens 1280x 720 ( 1 for each eye), Manufacturer says it's equivalent to 2.5K screen size (not sure what that means). It's priced at $139 on Amazon. I looked at other goggles, such as the Drone mask, but you have to put your phone in the mask and difficult to access on-screen controls. I also think it's going to be much heavier than using a video goggles. Anyone tried this particular goggles?

I am considering using the VISIONHMD Bigeyes H3 goggles with the ScreenBeam Mini 2 dongle to mirror the DJI Mini 2 RC to the goggles. It has HDMI input and 2 LCD screens 1280x 720 ( 1 for each eye), Manufacturer says it's equivalent to 2.5K screen size (not sure what that means). It's priced at $139 on Amazon. I looked at other goggles, such as the Drone mask, but you have to put your phone in the mask and difficult to access on-screen controls. I also think it's going to be much heavier than using a video goggles. Anyone tried this particular goggles?
Thanks for posting this. I too would like more information. This looks like a very interesting product/setup. Out in the sun I sometime struggle to view details on my smartphone screen, even had some close calls because of this. But how would you actually access on-screen controls using this? Remove them temporally?

Thanks for posting this. I too would like more information. This looks like a very interesting product/setup. Out in the sun I sometime struggle to view details on my smartphone screen, even had some close calls because of this. But how would you actually access on-screen controls using this? Remove them temporally?
Yes. That's the primary reason for me getting these goggles, because it's so hard to see the display on the phone. And yes, you have to take them off to operate the DJI Fly app, because this is only a monitor. The displays are very sharp and bright, and although there is a slight amount of blurring on the very edge of the lens, it seems to be no worse than any VR goggles. Even with my +4 diopter vision, the lens were perfect focus (except for very edge) and I did not need to wear reading glasses. I plan to use this with the ScreenBeam Mini 2 adapter to mirror the DJI Fly app screen with my Mini 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore