DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used these three bladed props?

There are several threads on the Forum about these prop's - plus numerous YouTube vid's ... They have reviews that generally reflect their novelty value, but not much else. They do seem to make the Mavic accelerate and stop fast, but when doing so, can put the Mavic at an angle very close to where the motors may shut off due to excessive attitude! Reviews have not shown any improvement in top speed or flight duration. Looks cool, but not much else - seems to be the general conclusion ...

Last edited:
Never used them, but I know from my FPV quads that the acceleration is increased with more blades, but battery life is decreased. Not sure how a Mavic would be, but I would assume the same results would be seen.

Also, it's important to note that DJI might not honor your warranty if you crash while flying with these props. So, if that matters to you, then stick with stock props.

Reactions: MKurr
'Tiz interesting tho' in that these are carbon-fibre prop's that are the same blade profile as the production DJI 8743 Mav' 2 Pro prop's (previous 3-blades were based on the 8331 'quiet' prop shape). That will mean that there must be some carbon-fibre 2-blade prop's for the Mav 2 Pro out there now ...

Yes there are 2 blade CF props. Lookup Drone51 on youtube, he did a side by side comparison of different props including the CF ones.

Yes there are 2 blade CF props. Lookup Drone51 on youtube, he did a side by side comparison of different props including the CF ones.
Russ' tests are done on a carbon-fibre 8331 prop that is the same shape as the DJI 'quiet' prop's which are standard on the Mavic Pro Platinum. The prop' blades in the OP above, are different as these blades are the same shape as the Mavic 2 Pro 8743 prop's ... I've not yet seen a c-f version of the 2-blade 8743 prop' (was what I was meaning).

Most efficient airfoil is a single blade. The more blades the more drag, thus less battery life.

Most efficient airfoil is a single blade. The more blades the more drag, thus less battery life.
Difficult to balance though, and therefore, you may as well have a second blade diametrically opposite ... I'm interested, what's the science behind your statement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007