DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used this aftermarket charger yet?

Heavysledz

Reactions
Sorry if this has been discussed already but I didn't seem to find any threads relating to it yet....I like this new parallel charger because it has removable cords and would be easier to store. The LED readout is a nice feature but not a deal breaker. Just curious if anyone has it yet and can provide some real world feedback.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Int...41-spons&keywords=mavic+pro+accessories&psc=1

61ITqWlgKeL._SL1000_.jpg

I believe I have seen this on YouTube. you may find it a useful place to get reviews.
I did and found tons of them for the other model with fixed charging cords and no LED display (the one with the "Y" logo on it) but nothing for this model. If you happen to have a link for one it would be appreciated if you could post the link.

I have that charger but I don't fly much and maybe used it twice to charge 2 batteries and the controller. I had no issues with it the couple times i used it. I do like that it shows the voltage.
Thanks for the feedback...can you confirm it charges the batteries in parallel and not in series....the reviews on Amazon are confusing as some say it is a parallel charger and others say it is not....

Thanks for the feedback...can you confirm it charges the batteries in parallel and not in series....the reviews on Amazon are confusing as some say it is a parallel charger and others say it is not....

Yes definitely parallel.

And an FYI I never timed it to see if it was faster or slower then the charger that comes with the Mavic because i charge in advance and don't really pay attention.

Yes definitely parallel.

And an FYI I never timed it to see if it was faster or slower then the charger that comes with the Mavic because i charge in advance and don't really pay attention.
OK, thanks for confirming....don't really care if it is faster as long as it is a parallel charger....

OK, thanks for confirming....don't really care if it is faster as long as it is a parallel charger....

But you know what. I would like to explain that to you. Both batteries are definitely charging because the lights all come on the batteries but i really don't know if it jumps back and forth between the cells from one battery to the next and being that i never timed the difference between one and two batteries i don't feel comfortable with my answer.

But you know what. I would like to explain that to you. Both batteries are definitely charging because the lights all come on the batteries but i really don't know if it jumps back and forth between the cells from one battery to the next and being that i never timed the difference between one and two batteries i don't feel comfortable with my answer.
ah, I see what you mean.....I will wait and see if anyone else can confirm.

It is parallel. It has three individual charge circuits for each battery.
Just food for thought as to one against the other. This new one has plug in leads, great for storage, but also great for wear and tear and breakage and misconection in plug and also great if you loose or misplace a lead.
Old model, leads are solid connected to board for positive contact of power to battery, no lose of leads no breakage of connection plugs.
New model has digital voltage read out. Nice, but is for all three ports so only really shows that there is voltage output. Only way of knowing battery is charged is by battery lights.
Old model has individual LEDS fir each port that change from Red (charging) to Green (charged) fir each battery so a quick glance you know when your battery is fully charged. Most cases all four lights on Mavic battery will be on but its still not full charged.
Dont need to know the output voltage as long as its charging.
Individual LEDs on each charge circuit shows each is working.. How can you tell whats up with just one volt meter when three batteries connected.
Looks Nice But JMHO.

It is parallel. It has three individual charge circuits for each battery.
Just food for thought as to one against the other. This new one has plug in leads, great for storage, but also great for wear and tear and breakage and misconection in plug and also great if you loose or misplace a lead.
Old model, leads are solid connected to board for positive contact of power to battery, no lose of leads no breakage of connection plugs.
New model has digital voltage read out. Nice, but is for all three ports so only really shows that there is voltage output. Only way of knowing battery is charged is by battery lights.
Old model has individual LEDS fir each port that change from Red (charging) to Green (charged) fir each battery so a quick glance you know when your battery is fully charged. Most cases all four lights on Mavic battery will be on but its still not full charged.
Dont need to know the output voltage as long as its charging.
Individual LEDs on each charge circuit shows each is working.. How can you tell whats up with just one volt meter when three batteries connected.
Looks Nice But JMHO.
Thanks for the valid feedback.....the removable cords is what I like most about it. It makes storage easier without the risk of putting strain on the cables where they come out of the charger.....I am afraid that over time (with the other blue charger) the cords will begin to split....

Thanks for the valid feedback.....the removable cords is what I like most about it. It makes storage easier without the risk of putting strain on the cables where they come out of the charger.....I am afraid that over time (with the other blue charger) the cords will begin to split....
Only if you store carelessly, more likely to have problems plug/ unplugging, the less you do that the better . . .

Only if you store carelessly, more likely to have problems plug/ unplugging, the less you do that the better . . .
If this were built with quality parts, I would agree with you but we all know they are made in China and likely not the best quality parts were used. It has a fake CE logo and we know it doesn't meet CE requirements without the ground lug connected. So I doubt the quality of the cables are any better on either model. So it comes down to preference...again remember, this is only supplying a fixed voltage and the battery takes care of the rest.....

I have multiple parallel chargers for Lipo batteries for RC cars and they all have removable cables and have yet to have an issue......again, it comes down to preference as I almost guarantee the internals on both chargers are identical. I just like the idea of being able to stow the charger in a much tighter space without having to worry about damaging the cords since all of them are plug-in style.....

I bought one as soon as I got my MP. works well. battery port 2 packs slightly slower than the other 2 but no biggie, it is a matter of a few percent.

I opened mine up as soon as I got it and the construction is quite adequate, and I'm a telecommunications engineer and fairly used to complex electronics. I have no idea why people have a phobia about Chinese made electronics, given that all of Apple's hardware is made there.

Reactions: Clinton1
I have used this charger for months. Does anyone know where to get the charging cords that will fit the Mavic 2 batteries?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty