DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have any other DJI drones ship with so many features missing and so many issues?

wco81

Reactions
In say the last 2-3 years, any drone have to wait months after release to get key features?

Or significant fixes?

In say the last 2-3 years, any drone have to wait months after release to get key features?

Or significant fixes?
O yes, it's practically their MO. The Mavic 2 when released lacked precision landing which was only added after users complained

DJI has quite a history of delivering features at a later point.
The precision landing was already mentioned, yet it reached a whole new level with the M3. There are core features that are standard which are either missing or delayed or will never ever see the light of day.

A SDK could somehow provide a way around, but ask people of the Mini 2 and Air 2S about waiting for Godot ...

So, yes, that is not something new, especially as the drone market has been something evolving and nerdy in the past. People watched the progress and believed that the manufacturers are trying to pack more and more features into it along the way.

For me personally, there's no excuse how DJI launched the M3 onto the market.
If it was not about the nice hardware specs, you really wonder what DJI thinks about their (prospective) customers. And as a European I am moreover disappointed of a drone in 2021 with no C label.

Last edited:
Yes, but most of those features probably weren't must-have features for the majority of drone owners. For example, previous models have been shipped without waypoints.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
DJI has quite a history of delivering features at a later point.
The precision landing was already mentioned, yet it reached a whole new level with the M3. There are core features that are standard which are either missing or delayed or will never ever see the light of day.

A SDK could somehow provide a way around, but ask people of the Mini 2 and Air 2S about waiting for Godot ...

So, yes, that is not something new, especially as the drone market has been something evolving and nerdy in the past. People watched the progress and believed that the manufacturers are trying to pack more and more features into it along the way.

For me personally, there's no excuse how DJI launched the M3 onto the market.
If it was not about the nice hardware specs, you really wonder what DJI thinks about their (prospective) customers. And as a European I am moreover disappointed of a drone in 2021 with no C label.
Yeah it's one thing to lay out the money they want.

But uncertainty a year or two from now because these may face greater restrictions then because they lack the label and in the US, the Remote ID.

Or significant fixes?
In the past 2-3 years...don't know. In the past 4-5 years...oh yes, yes, yes

In the past 2-3 years...don't know. In the past 4-5 years...oh yes, yes, yes
Well I'm not familiar with the Mini and Air releases in the last couple of years.

Seems to me the Air2S had a lot of features, or at least some features the Mavic 2 Pro didn't have.

O yes, it's practically their MO. The Mavic 2 when released lacked precision landing which was only added after users complained
I bought the Mavic 2 Pro just after launch and to have just precision landing missing was in retrospect a complete blessing compared to what's missing on a drone 3 years later down the line!

I wont even mention the sensor issues, the IMU issues, the connection issues, the fly app issues, the cine issues (data workflow) etc etc

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of DJI but this launch is hands down 10 times worse than the M2 launch, a drone 3 years younger.

I am sure a lot will be better once the slew of issues have been addressed but what are we to do with the fly app and that cheap stock controller with half the buttons and display screen missing?

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121