DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have it, my notebook is wide open. And thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.

Way too long nobody’s gonna watch all of that cut it to 45 seconds
Some good shots in there but you need to edit it down.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Way too long nobody’s gonna watch all of that cut it to 45 seconds
Some good shots in there but you need to edit it down.
So the total length of video should be 45 seconds? That seems to be extremely short?

Too many repetitive scenes, a bit jerky in some fo the beginning clips, far too long pull back towards the end, redundant scenes, one from the left then from the right of the same thing. Just trim it as suggested for more impact or the viewer will quickly get bored. Especially at the start where it kept flying and flying and flying forward.

I agree. Too long and repetitive. It's got to be interesting to the viewer. I get bored with my own videos if they're more than a couple minutes. Also, changing the subject (Smokieflies suggested the trains) can tell a better story.

You might want shoot in manual exposure to prevent the auto adjustment let the sky blow out if you must.
I would shoot this closer to midday so there in not so much shadow and muted colors.

I really appreciate everybodys feedback, I heard you loud and clear, shorten it up. lol. And yes, no longer shooting on "auto", that had my exposure all over the place. The trains and the train yard itself is something I am working on separately. I actually hope to take your feedback and incorporate that into the video and I look forward to posting it here and lets see if I was able to capture your feedback correctly. Thanks once again.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Keep it around 2 minutes tops (3 mins if there is narration). Plan it out in advance. The video should tell a story without one word being uttered. Go manual on all controls and exposure.

1. Subject(s) (what are you shooting).
2. Fly toward the subject(s) (slow, smooth gimbal movements).
3. Circle the subject(s) and get your shots.
4. Fly away from subject(s) (closing scene).
5. Edit it down to 2 minutes.

Reactions: Blakjac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato