DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have the FAA rules been reinstated?

This really hanks my chain...

"You may elect to register your UAS to help in the recovery of lost equipment."

Sorry FAA... how many times has the registry been used to match up a flier to the UAV? Answer... NEVER.

I'm sure the FAA will be happy to let you know that your UAV has been found and help it get returned.

Said no one ever.

Just further lies by the FAA.

This really hanks my chain...

"You may elect to register your UAS to help in the recovery of lost equipment."

Sorry FAA... how many times has the registry been used to match up a flier to the UAV? Answer... NEVER.

I'm sure the FAA will be happy to let you know that your UAV has been found and help it get returned.

Said no one ever.

Just further lies by the FAA.

And you know that how?

And you know that how?

John Taylor, via Freedom of Information Act, obtained a letter from the FAA confirming this info:

John A. Taylor (@Wolfenstock) | Twitter

Per the FAA, the "problem" was not getting the illegally flown drone... it was matching it up to the owner once found. This was an obvious lie at the time and this information now proves it.

My personal opinion was that the FAA used the registration a means to push safety info to fliers and also to bypass Section 336 and added additional restrictions to hobby fliers (which was illegal and they knew it).

My wife found a drone (DJI P3) that had crashed in a field it has registration numbers on it so we thought we could enter them in the "data base" to locate the owner,and return what was left of it. It must have went in hard as the props were broken,the battery ejected,and the camera/gimbal was torn off! We couldn't get any information from the data base,so we placed a add in the local paper with no responce yet (over 3 weeks). When I registered my drone,you could enter the numbers into the data base and see who owned the drone,but not now? I've heard that you can turn the drone over to the local police,then they can contact the FAA? So aprently I didn't get squat for registering my drone,after all?

When I registered my drone,you could enter the numbers into the data base and see who owned the drone,but not now? I've heard that you can turn the drone over to the local police,then they can contact the FAA? So aprently I didn't get squat for registering my drone,after all?

I'm pretty sure only law enforcement or the FAA can access information from the registration (otherwise it would be wide open to anyone to obtain your personal information). Good luck getting any police or the FAA to take their time to use the registration to match up a drone with the owner. As posted, the FAA confirms that this has _never_ been done.

Also, you can simply put your name and phone number on the drone and bypass a $5 fee and hope that the FAA contacts you. Problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929