DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have YOU got Care Refresh?

cheddar-man

Reactions
As the title says. I cannot believe there is anybody out there flying DJI drones who haven't taken this option up.
When I first read the offer it sounded too good to be true - is it I wonder🤔

Might as well believe it I don’t .

i had it for my MM because it was a very reasonable price when the MM first came out
and it does give some peace of mind, if you are new to the world of drone flying
its really down to individual choice at the end of the day

Have not tried care and refresh but if it works as good as warranty work I will be very pleased, had my mini2 for 10 months and 1 front motor was reluctant to start , DJI replaced drone with a new Drone in just over 3 weeks, cheers Len

I've purchased it for my Spark and now the MA2.

I haven't used it, yet. :rolleyes:

Some pilots will purposely crash the aircraft and get a replacement before the offer is up.

At ÂŁ26 I'd likely go for it but FIRST check out the excess for each claim.
Be aware you MUST have the drone in order to send it back and get a care refresh replacement. Fly aways are not covered by the simple care refresh. Dji may replace a Flyaway if the logs etc. show that is was caused by a product fault/warranty issue.
There is a Fly-away/lost/unrecoverable-drone insurance for some drones (pilot caused the flyaway/loss) but I do not know if the SE is included and the premiums and excess are a lot steeper.
Interesting that for the Mavic Mini care refresh is ÂŁ35 and for the Mini 2 ÂŁ45.

Also, in your mind seaparate any warranty issue from any care refresh issue. I have seen several people say they used care refresh for something that appeared to be a warranty issue, they are throwing money away for no reason.

Yes I buy a year for my mini SE but what's the bet nothing happens till it expire ,i suppose its piece of mind ,ain't drones come with a warranty anyway ? Still a cost involved but cheaper than a new drone

BTW if you are going to get it hassle free be aware there is a 48hr window starting at activation so you need to be quick. If outside the window they require video evidence and maybe other stuff that the drone is airworthy

BTW if you are going to get it hassle free be aware there is a 48hr window starting at activation so you need to be quick. If outside the window they require video evidence and maybe other stuff that the drone is airworthy
Yeh I had to send them video

Reactions: antonebear
I've used Care refresh once on almost every dji drone i've had. One was a crash, others were simply returned because of a drop and resultant gimbal damage. Saved me a lot of money.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Are the logs for the SE recorded in the device you use to fly, run the Fly App? Haven't got that far yet!
There is a set of DAT's on the drone but they are totally useless to any one but DJI.

PROVIDING you do not sync logs with DJI there are probably two sets of logs on the phone, one will be txt logs with a names something like
DJIFlightRecord_2021-01-30_[11-36-08].txt .
The other will be a DAT logs with a names like
21-11-18-04-11-59_FLY063.DAT .
These may or may not be readable by software such as CsvView CsvView Downloads . I suspect they will NOT be readable.

If they are not you would have to upload the txt log to the likes of Airdata or DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
then either use their analysis or (and my preference) download the csv from the phantomhelp page and process it with CsvView.
As far as I am aware neither Airdata nor PhantomHelp can process DAT's so, strictly speaking, the DATs are likely useless. Be aware they tend to disappear if you sync.

As to where the logs are and how you get at them, look at the instructions on the PhantomHelp page. The instructions vary depending on whether the phone is IOS or Android and whether the computer is a Mac or a Windows or Linux machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tufargon
Thanks for that PF, most helpful. Now looking for the PhantomHelp page 🤔

Am I missing something here? Can't find a PhantomHelp page on the forum???

Last edited:
Ah I've used that many times over the years with my P3A. What I'm trying to find out is where are the flight logs on the DJI Mini SE, how does one access them to view them> I've been flying with my iPhone 12 Mini so presumably there will be ion that somewhere"
There is probably also the .DAT files on the drone itself if it's anything like the Phantom.

Never had refresh, not sure I was aware of it to start back in 2017, but so far one fairly minor crash and easy fix by a competent DJI repairer here..
For new pilots, I would recommend it, for at least the first year.

The TXT log at least will be on your device, instructions here in section 3 . . .

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Not sure if Mini 2 DAT is encrypted, think it is readable, DJI have only just started making the DATs only available to their own technicians.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Unfortunately the DAT's on Mavic drones seem to be nothing like the P3 Data, at all.
DATs on Mavic drones are encrypted for one thing, on the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom they can be separated into separated sections which are still encrypted. You have to use the correct DJI Assistant 2 on your computer to be even able to see them as files. From memory on the Mavic Mini and Min2 they are only available as an all encompassing single file, not even separated into the individual flights.
I have got most of my P3 DAT's saved but I have given up even looking at the ones on the actual Mavic drones.

As the title says. I cannot believe there is anybody out there flying DJI drones who haven't taken this option up.
When I first read the offer it sounded too good to be true - is it I wonder🤔
I had had several quads prior to my first DJI and was confident in my skills and fly within that skill level. So in my case I never took the care/refresh plan. As it turns out, I never would have needed it and have never had any problems. It actually was an easy choice for me as I never buy any extended warranty on anything. It's hard to by a screwdriver nowadays without being offered an extended warranty. So I guess it's a personal gamble, "do ya feel lucky".

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters