DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having problems linking or activating your new goggles ?

PacketRacket

Reactions
If you're having problems linking or activating goggles, try these steps to see if it helps.

Link DJI Googles to Mavic with a mobile device:

Make sure your Mavic and Controller are already linked and able to fly with your controller.
Once this step is done you can move on to the next step of setting up the goggles.

Make sure you're signed into the DJI Go app with your DJI account for the last steps of the activation.
You can sign into the DJI GO app under the "ME" tab presented at the bottom of the screen.
If you do NOT sign into the GO app, you will get a vague error about not being able to activate the goggles.

The goggles will walk you through an onscreen wizard to link to the Mavic.
Using your mobile device and controller, simply start the linking process in the goggles and you will see a countdown timer onscreen in the goggles. At this point, you will want to open the SDCard door and press the link button with a small pointy object such as a paperclip.

The goggles and the Mavic should link up and move to the next step which is activating the goggles.
It is important to already be logged into your DJI account in the DJI Go app as described above.
A prompt is displayed on the screen in the goggles to activate the goggles. When accepted your mobile device will attempt to activate the goggles by talking to DJI's servers. You will need an internet connection to complete this step

If all went well, you should now have a working set of goggles with your Mavic.

Enjoy !

Please, if I have made any errors, typos or need clarifications, let me know.

I think your guide will aid many come tomorrow. Too late for me, lol. Shame DJI couldn't have managed some half-decent instructions. The little, quick start booklet is shameful for a luxury item.

Reactions: EddieK
If I recall correctly, the activation failure didn't give any clear reason as to why the goggles were not activating.

To be honest, I was in a hurry to get the goggles to show video and I was only half reading the instructions. :D

Reactions: EddieK
Seemed to work ok following the instructions given by the goggles, used the app activation not Assistant 2 which is rather flakey.

Basically, power up aircraft & RC have phone connected and running DJI GO 4 - you have to be running .700 Firmware!

Power up Goggles
Select App activation
When asked press link on Mavic,
Once linked it then says activating -
Then Activatinon Sucess!

That's it, worked first time.

One thing to note, if you struggle to get focus on a page of a book at 8" these probably won't work for you without a trip to the Opthamologist!

If you're having problems linking or activating goggles, try these steps to see if it helps.

Link DJI Googles to Mavic with a mobile device:

Make sure your Mavic and Controller are already linked and able to fly with your controller.
Once this step is done you can move on to the next step of setting up the goggles.

Make sure you're signed into the DJI Go app with your DJI account for the last steps of the activation.
You can sign into the DJI GO app under the "ME" tab presented at the bottom of the screen.
If you do NOT sign into the GO app, you will get a vague error about not being able to activate the goggles.

The goggles will walk you through an onscreen wizard to link to the Mavic.
Using your mobile device and controller, simply start the linking process in the goggles and you will see a countdown timer onscreen in the goggles. At this point, you will want to open the SDCard door and press the link button with a small pointy object such as a paperclip.

The goggles and the Mavic should link up and move to the next step which is activating the goggles.
It is important to already be logged into your DJI account in the DJI Go app as described above.
A prompt is displayed on the screen in the goggles to activate the goggles. When accepted your mobile device will attempt to activate the goggles by talking to DJI's servers. You will need an internet connection to complete this step

If all went well, you should now have a working set of goggles with your Mavic.

Enjoy !

Please, if I have made any errors, typos or need clarifications, let me know.

Thanks PacketRacket. Finally! Follow PacketRacket's steps. For me the I never see the "ME" tab on my startup, I go right to the aircraft. The "ME" tab is found under the DJI logo on the upper left of the screen. Tap the logo. The "ME" tab located on the bottom right. I say this because I myself couldn't find it. Ok, now your in the "ME" tab. I HAD to log into the DJI store to get logged in. I always thought you were logged in if you had an internet connection, nope not so. After I logged into the store, I went back to the DJI goggle setup and "boom", went right through. Thanks again PacketRacket
Update... Seems that every time you log into your DJI Go 4 app it tells you if you need an update. I thought that would be the case for the DJI Assisant 2, when you open it. Wrong..... I was using an old version. When I tried to activate the goggles with DJI Assisint 2 it went nowhere. Be sure to have the current version.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacketRacket
I'm trying to activate with a mobile device. I get through the linking but get a screen in Chinese and I'm unable to active. I'm logged into my DJI account and have the latest app & firmware as of 5/27.

7628b1f37ac08c16c284984b40780155.jpg

I'm trying to activate with a mobile device. I get through the linking but get a screen in Chinese and I'm unable to active. I'm logged into my DJI account and have the latest app & firmware as of 5/27.

I've got the same problem

Here is what google translate thinks this says. Doesn't seem to helpful but figured I'd try.

"The first connection to the aircraft requires activation of the hardware module, since then you will have a one-year warranty service."

db5d121be9eb40c73fae01955a4a38b1.jpg

I wish I could give more help here but I'm not sure what the exact cause of this is.

Hoping someone else has some info to help here.

I was able to active and upgrade the Goggles firmware using DJI Assistant 2 & the included USB cord. Then I linked to the Mavic again and everything worked. Good luck.

I never had to touch the link button on the goggles.

I turned on my Mavic, hooked up the remote and the app on my phone, pressed the linking button on the Mavic and within 10 seconds it turned on like magic.

I'm on FW .400 on the Mavic and Controller

Has anyone found solution for this? I'm having the same issue, tried 4 times, and have all the latest firmware and DJI Go4 app.

I couldn't get the mobile device method to work. I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mac & used the USB cable provided for charging to connect to my computer. I was able to activate & then update the goggles firmware.

I couldn't get the mobile device method to work. I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mac & used the USB cable provided for charging to connect to my computer. I was able to activate & then update the goggles firmware.

So you connected your Goggles to the Mac via USB and that activated them? You didn't need the Mavic, Remote, or GO App running while you did this?

Thanks for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143