DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having some trouble with Iphone X. Iphone 7?

usaken

Reactions
Hi, seems the iphone X is not the ideal pair with the dji pro controller. Due to the touch screen and lack of a home buttonI was thinking about getting an Iphone 7 or 8 to use exclusively with the controller. Of course it would only be used with the controller so wouldnt need cell connection. I do not fly with the cell phone feature, only using it for telemetry. Has anyone else tried this? Is the Iphone 7/8 bright enough to see in bright sun with the brightness turned up? Thanks.

Hi, seems the iphone X is not the ideal pair with the dji pro controller. Due to the touch screen and lack of a home buttonI was thinking about getting an Iphone 7 or 8 to use exclusively with the controller. Of course it would only be used with the controller so wouldnt need cell connection. I do not fly with the cell phone feature, only using it for telemetry. Has anyone else tried this? Is the Iphone 7/8 bright enough to see in bright sun with the brightness turned up? Thanks.
I have a dedicated i7. Never have had any issues other than the tiny screen. Much prefer my iPad mini4

I have flown with an iPhone X for a year and a half with no real issues. The lack of a home button is not an issue, the swipe up works fine. One thing is I need to unlock with my face before putting it into the controller arms since they do block the front camera.

edit: I just got litchi and have not tried to fly with the X and it yet. I do know it is too small to plan missions though.

I'm using the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a protective case and it works fine with my Mavic Mini. I was surprised that it fits the holders.

It would be nice to have a dedicated second phone to use. I own an iPhone 5c that I use for travel (buying a SIM card for countries I visit). It's permanently on Flight Mode and has WiFi enabled. I tried it this morning but the App Store said DJI Fly isn't compatible with the 5c. Are there any other iPhone 5 compatible flying apps that would work with the Mini? Litchi's writeup does mention the 5c. I'd hate to spend the $22 if it's not a good match. Any guidance? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
When flying I usually switch between my Moverio BT-300 or my iPhone 8 Plus. The larger screen helps, and yes, it’s.mostly bright enough during the day. I always try to find a shady spot to stand and fly though.

A stand-alone iPhone without cell signal would be sufficient, as long as you cached the local map earlier via WiFi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose