DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI Goggles

Beautiful! Thanks for posting !

So glad I have a Shield as well as this looks promising for FPV!

Did you in fact determine if the front of your camera did have some grease or film that cause the somewhat hazy footage?

I haven't checked for grease on my lens, hopefully that's the problem. Here's the first video the day before, which I think looks much better, especially in 1080p.

The goggles are Avangant Glyphs, haven't checked my headplays or Cinemizers yet.

The goggles are Avangant Glyphs, haven't checked my headplays or Cinemizers yet.

Have you had a chance since this post to try your headplays or cinemizers yet?

I'm shopping goggles for my Mavic, and the 3 goggles you have are the ones I'm considering, in conjunction with the Shield just like what you are doing. Can you tell me, do you have to lower the mavic's camera resolution to use the goggles, or will they still work when using 1080 or 4k? Also, of the 3 goggles, can you give a quick rundown of your opinion on pros and cons? Thank you for your time!

Have you had a chance since this post to try your headplays or cinemizers yet?

I'm shopping goggles for my Mavic, and the 3 goggles you have are the ones I'm considering, in conjunction with the Shield just like what you are doing. Can you tell me, do you have to lower the mavic's camera resolution to use the goggles, or will they still work when using 1080 or 4k? Also, of the 3 goggles, can you give a quick rundown of your opinion on pros and cons? Thank you for your time!
First, I would wait for DJI googles to see what the price is, etc. Might be the best option.

If you already have the Shield, then my preference is the Glyphs, best picture.

If price is a concern, you can't beat Headplays, the picture is bigger, not as sharp, and if you have vision problems, you have to wear glasses - whereas the Glyphs and Cinemizers have adjustable diapters so you don't need glasses. Also, the Headplays are boxy big, look funny while wearing.

Cinimizer is easier and more comfortable to wear than the Glyphs but not as good a picture, and they have been discontinued, so you might find good deals on line.

Glyphs are finiky in getting the picture adjusted, and after a while they get uncomfortable on your nose, and hot to wear; would be better if they eliminated the big ear pieces, like the Cimemizer.

And no, you do not need to worry about the camera setting, whether it's 4k or 1080p, goggle vision is not affected.

I had to trim some of the rubber from the grips in the arms but it fits well and doesn't feel too big.. Not flown yet but appears to run the app ok.

20161122_192511_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20161122_192520_resized.jpg
    20161122_192520_resized.jpg
    909.6 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Crashburn
How have you got on with the spira? I have bought one but not been brave enough to try it yet. I feel it's a bit laggy when just testing it in the house just using the camera and mavic by hand. I have an iPhone 6s Plus which I use but wanted a bigger screen and can't justify iPad mini 4 but very tempted.

Is there any reason not to use any tablet that has HDMI video out with say Headplay goggles?

For example, do you think that this one would this work?

HIPSTREET Titan 4 7" Tablet - 8 GB, Black

Performance of the Tablets onboard processor or lack there of may contribute to video lag. Thats not a great thing when flying FPV. Thinking you are 30 feet from a branch outcropping as thats what you see on your FPV view only to find out you have actually flown into them and the video feed was not updating fast enough is no bueno.

How have you got on with the spira? I have bought one but not been brave enough to try it yet. I feel it's a bit laggy when just testing it in the house just using the camera and mavic by hand. I have an iPhone 6s Plus which I use but wanted a bigger screen and can't justify iPad mini 4 but very tempted.

I think it's great, it's never crashed nor has Go4 on it, no noticeable lag, pretty bright screen although it is winter. I think it's fantastic for the money.

I have now bought an Nvidia Shield K1 now too mainly for use with Litchi (when I get round to it), it's a more capable tablet with a bit more real estate. I'm just experimenting with brackets at the moment..

20170204_123707_resized.jpg 20170204_121025_resized_1.jpg Capture.JPG 20170209_234917_resized.jpg

Performance of the Tablets onboard processor or lack there of may contribute to video lag. Thats not a great thing when flying FPV. Thinking you are 30 feet from a branch outcropping as thats what you see on your FPV view only to find out you have actually flown into them and the video feed was not updating fast enough is no bueno.

Of course.. I've tried my Headplays with it and some cinema goggles and it's pretty good, not flown aggressively though, only for filming.. I've got other quads which I use for fast fpv flying..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica