DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hdmi out

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
these things would be a guaranteed purchase if they had hdmi out. I cant find a decent option to set up a screen that i dont have to be plugged into. I really want to be able to set up an external monitor some distance from me for viewers, i like to keep a "sterile cockpit" sometimes and dont like people being able to talk to me.

Screen Stream Mirroring on an Android Device. Create Hot Spot on Android Device. Connect the wifi device like a laptop with a decent sized screen to the Hotspot you created on the Andriod Device. Then launch Screen Stream Mirroring on the Andriod device. Launch VNC player on Wifi Laptop. Connect VNC player to the url created by screen stream mirroring. Then whomever if viewing the laptop can be a fair distance away from you and see what is on your screen when you fly.

yep. Im on smart controller for my Mav2 so not as easy.
it is supposed to live stream, but yet to see this working. I think i have seen someone streaming to a smart tv, but this is not the solution to have to buy a smart tv and lug it around. (mmmm. or is it now... searching for portable smart tv :) )

Im slightly confused...
Are you saying you'd like the Goggles to have an HDMI out, or your Controller?

I expect you already know this, but the Smart Controller has that option, and I can attest, it works quite well, although you, as pilot, have to be stationary.

Now, if your saying you'd prefer the Goggles to have HDMI out, then all I can say, is that 'seems' much less useful, but then again, you would have that 'wireless' effect, if your not going to actually be wearing the Goggles, but instead use them as a Video out 'Node'
(I mention this because you posted in the DJI Goggles sub-forum)

The wireless option sounded good and it could be done using Smart RC, if the apps needed, were accessable via APKPure, or possibly Amazon appstore, as the Googleplay appstore is not YET available on the SRC (ie: no one has come up with a sideload that includes the proper google background services required).

Although, regarding the SRC and the wireless option, the SRC is not the most powerful device, this day and age (meaning this year, as anything older than that is obsolete, and the SRC specs match that of a 2016-17' device, sadly) so this option may not run as smoothly as it would on a newer device such as a Note8, S10, Iphone 10, etc.

My SRC stutters non stop, with CPU slammed at 99% when I initiate screen record. So that may be an issue.

Honestly, your going to find some level of inconveinance in any method of 'separate screen streaming', even using the live streaming option, (which theyll probably never release, as advertised, because they know the SRC isnt quite strong enough to handle it) will have its own issues, so Id just go with a longgg HDMI cord, run inside, while your outside, so that would give you the 'sterile cockpit' your going for, without moving your TV... But I get why you'd like to see Live streaming come along finally!

Good luck mate

Depending on how much you want to spend? dji has partnered with SlingStudio. and there set up is very nice I just got one and I very much like it. The hub will run off a battery. You can connect up to 10 wireless cameras including iOS and Android devices cameras threw an app over wifi to the hub. there is a app for iPad and one for computers that you can use wifi to do camera switching just like on a professional studio video switch. The hub has 1 HDMI hard wire input and one output. You can plug your HDMI out from your smart controller to the hub or if you don't want a wire tethering you down, plug into one of SlingStudio's CameraLinks (they are about 1 Lb and have there own battery) then just clip it on your belt. I will connect over wifi to the hub. You can then run a HDMI cable to the out of the hub to a TV or Monitor or the hub will stream live to any streaming service (maybe password access only) including FaceBook, YouTube and Vimeo. your costumers could then watch on phones, tablets or computers even from they're own office. I really like my SlingStudio so far and have had no transmission problems when staying with the distances recommended. I do not have a smart controller or crystal sky monitor yet so I have not tried connecting to the drone yet. (still saving up. I guess I spent the money on the SlingStudio first because I have 3 Pro video cameras and lots go iPhones with OSMO gimbles. I hope to get one by the time the snow melts and try it out) The hubs are around $1000.00 battery is extra. CameraLinks are $350. You can connect the hub to either wifi or ethernet for streaming or if you are in the boonies use a cell tower hotspot but I think those need AC power. The hub has a dedicated wifi to receive video and another one to stream. Wow I almost feel like SlingStudio should be paying me for as much as I wrote. I did not expect to spend this much time on this but I hope it helps someone. I can't rate to try it out myself. Peace and happy flying.

Depending on how much you want to spend? dji has partnered with SlingStudio. and there set up is very nice I just got one and I very much like it. The hub will run off a battery. You can connect up to 10 wireless cameras including iOS and Android devices cameras threw an app over wifi to the hub. there is a app for iPad and one for computers that you can use wifi to do camera switching just like on a professional studio video switch. The hub has 1 HDMI hard wire input and one output. You can plug your HDMI out from your smart controller to the hub or if you don't want a wire tethering you down, plug into one of SlingStudio's CameraLinks (they are about 1 Lb and have there own battery) then just clip it on your belt. I will connect over wifi to the hub. You can then run a HDMI cable to the out of the hub to a TV or Monitor or the hub will stream live to any streaming service (maybe password access only) including FaceBook, YouTube and Vimeo. your costumers could then watch on phones, tablets or computers even from they're own office. I really like my SlingStudio so far and have had no transmission problems when staying with the distances recommended. I do not have a smart controller or crystal sky monitor yet so I have not tried connecting to the drone yet. (still saving up. I guess I spent the money on the SlingStudio first because I have 3 Pro video cameras and lots go iPhones with OSMO gimbles. I hope to get one by the time the snow melts and try it out) The hubs are around $1000.00 battery is extra. CameraLinks are $350. You can connect the hub to either wifi or ethernet for streaming or if you are in the boonies use a cell tower hotspot but I think those need AC power. The hub has a dedicated wifi to receive video and another one to stream. Wow I almost feel like SlingStudio should be paying me for as much as I wrote. I did not expect to spend this much time on this but I hope it helps someone. I can't rate to try it out myself. Peace and happy flying.
Hmm, sounds quite interesting and useful... I hope its fully compatible with the Smart Controller (meaning the SC can wirelessly stream to this hub, instead of having to be wire linked). Thx for the post

You could connect up to 10 drones and switch between them to the output and the stream. With the option to output a 4up display from 4 drones or cameras at a time.
It is a very nice system at a 10th of the price to get into a broadcast switcher like Tricaster.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys