DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

head tracvking ??

RickC

Reactions
I am getting video, but no head tracking gimble control?

mavic 2 pro with original dji ghoggles with updated firmware all around.

linked ok.

what asm i doing wrong?

Did you turn on head tracking? It's not on by default. I have the RE version but I think in this respect they are the same. Swipe down on the touchpad with two fingers to activate the quick menu. From the quick menu, select either Head Tracking - Gimbal or Head Tracking Flight.

With the head tracking, how far does the gimbal move left and right. I am seeing videos that the gimbal will move around 75deg each way when using the controller to pan it. Will head tracking move it as far or is it limited to around 30degs
Full range of head tracking may persuade me to get a pair.

With my Mavic 2 Pro, head tracking controls gimbal orientation as far as the gimbal mechanics will allow, way past the point where you start to see the left and right landing pods. Compare the two photos in this post:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 – repeated success! (Model T819)

(Although my linked post relates to the infamous Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, I was showing that it can be used, even in combination with DJI Goggles (RE or regular).

I went out this morning and could not figure how to turn on head tracking.
Now I know. 2 finger swipe?

Almost no lag on the head tracking! These are really cool! Gotta get this range issue fixed though. Saw some other threads with some good advice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters