DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heading to AZ in May

regdawg

Reactions
Hey everyone... So we are doing a week long family roadtrip in May the week of Memorial weekend. We live in Fresno, CA but will be heading down to San Diego then to AZ. Our main stop in AZ will be in flagstaff because it's short access from there to the meteor crater, antelope Valley, and the grand canyon, all places we wanted to check out. I'm assuming all 3 of those areas are restricted for drones. Are there any places in that area that would be fine to get some awesome shots?

Arizona State Parks are off limits to drones. So is the meteor crater, although I know people who found roads off the property and took off to fly over the crater.

National Forests are good to fly and often scenic. Just avoid people and recreation areas.

Did you mean Antelope Canyon? Most of that is on the Navajo Nation and I would not recommend flying there without WRITTEN permission and good luck getting through their red tape. I am not aware of an antelope valley, by that name, in that area. The Grand Canyon has some pretty strict flight restrictions for all aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters