DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

jato

Reactions
(For those just starting to read this note that this post was edited and video and pictures were added
after most of what you will read was posted.)

Been a fixed wing & variable pitch rotor RC Pilot for 20 years. I was itching to buy a drone & couldn’t pass up on the Air 2
I was so impressed with the stability even in windy conditions and the incredible vistas. But it’s all over for now. Yesterday I took my MA2 up to my 88 yr old mothers home she’s preparing to list for sale to get some aerial shots. I went straight up to 300ft & slowly came down taking pics and video. At about 35ft her neighbor came running out of his house with a shotgun screaming like a madman. I can’t repeat what he said but it was the ranting of a lunatic. Within seconds he fired both barrels & my newest buddy fell into her yard. I calmly call the police. Cut to the chase, he’s getting charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm in a residential area & reckless endangerment. Fortunately I was doing everything by the book and presented pictures & video to illustrate how carefully I was flying. I was so looking forward to going out to some scenic places this week and having some fun. Here’s the video link-
lower left is the “person” with rifle waiting for me to come into land. Center is myself & 88 yr old mother. She’s legally deaf & was startled by shotgun blast. 3B983B76-8CF9-40F2-AFA3-9804161E7A77.jpeg9134C95D-CA8E-440D-8834-AFBE2B46E2A8.jpegF9CBCCA1-0462-403F-A40F-71FE7FDBEDF9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a bummer. Spend all that money on the Air 2
not to mention the money and time for your 107 for that
to happen .?
Show us some pictures you did get to take.
Oh..Welcome to the forum.?

Wow what a bummer. Spend all that money on the Air 2
not to mention the money and time for your 107 for that
to happen .?
Show us some pictures you did get to take.
Oh..Welcome to the forum.?
Thanks for the greeting. I did buy the refresh service at the time of purchase. Not clear if it covers what happened to me but in the short time I had I definitely got the bug. So one way or another I’ll be back in the air. I was lucky to be recording video when the attack happened & captured the attack.

Thanks for the greeting. I did buy the refresh service at the time of purchase. Not clear if it covers what happened to me but in the short time I had I definitely got the bug. So one way or another I’ll be back in the air. I was lucky to be recording video when the attack happened & captured the attack.
Well not sure about refresh but do show us the attack .
Sure everyone would like to see it.

Excuse the pun but it’s up in the air. My mother at 88 yrs must live next to this person. At least until she sells. The city is definitely charging him but I’d hate to bring retribution onto my family. The police were quite sympathetic & are encouraging me to follow up.

Well not sure about refresh but do show us the attack .
Sure everyone would like to see it.

Ⅱ. Exclusions

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:

1) The date when you apply for the replacement is not within the period of validity of your replacement service.
2) The corresponding parts have not been shipped out within seven natural days after the Online Service case is submitted. Or, the corresponding parts have not been shipped out within three days after the Express case is submitted.
3) The replacement times have been used up.
4) The part is not covered by the replacement service.
5) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
6) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost.
7) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service have been stolen, looted, or discarded.
8) Damage caused by flights in unsuitable conditions.
9) The product is damaged deliberately.
10) The product is damaged directly or indirectly by natural disaster, war, military action, riot, coup, treason, terrorist activities, etc.
11) Technical enhancements or performance improvements for your product provided at an extra fee.
12) Damage caused by modifications that are not in accordance with DJI official instructions.

Ⅱ. Exclusions

1) The date when you apply for the replacement is not within the period of validity of your replacement service.
2) The corresponding parts have not been shipped out within seven natural days after the Online Service case is submitted. Or, the corresponding parts have not been shipped out within three days after the Express case is submitted.
5) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
6) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost.
7) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service have been stolen, looted, or discarded.
10) The product is damaged directly or indirectly by natural disaster, war, military action, riot, coup, treason, terrorist activities, etc.
11) Technical enhancements or performance improvements for your product provided at an extra fee.
12) Damage caused by modifications that are not in accordance with DJI official instructions.
Thanks sar.?

Wow and I thought I had problems with a guy shouting over his garden fence a hundred yards away.
whilst I understand the desire to protect your mother surely the courts would award you damages?

Reactions: Classic flyer
I will post it. I’m on the west coast & been up all night. This is a residential neighborhood not the country. Seeing this guy coming at us & pulling the trigger really unnerved me.
Wow and I thought I had problems with a guy shouting over his garden fence a hundred yards away.
whilst I understand the desire to protect your mother surely the courts would award you damages?
Im sure it will go in my favor. I did everything by the book. FAA reg, the whole nine yards. Maybe I’m fatigued but I’m having trouble posting the video clip of the incident?

Reactions: Ken.
Im sure it will go in my favor. I did everything by the book. FAA reg, the whole nine yards. Maybe I’m fatigued but I’m having trouble posting the video clip of the incident?

You cannot upload videos directly to the forum - you will need to put it somewhere else, like Dropbox or a video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo, and link to it.

Ⅱ. Exclusions

I'm hoping that DJI does not define being shot by someone else as deliberate. Legalities withstanding, of course.

Anyway jato,
very sorry to hear what happen. It is crazy world we live in.
edit- I would like to apologize for the subsequent talk on the topic of arms.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that DJI does not define being shot by someone else as deliberate. Legalities withstanding, of course.

Anyway jato,
very sorry to hear what happen. It is crazy world we live in. I know your Constitution allows the arming of your citizens but perhaps it is time to look at the pros and cons.

Well it certainly wasn't an accident. I suspect that they do count third-party damage as deliberate and would expect the owner to pursue the third party for compensation.

In addition to a small claims court suit, request an order of protection and confiscation of firearms. BTW, I believe in my right to bear arms. However, in a civilized world rights entail responsibilities. As Kris Kristofferson wrote, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

Hi jato welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry to see your first post is an Ouch ?
Will the idiot have to pay for a replacement ?
Good point Cyborg . . . I'd go after his homeowners insurance. He discharged the firearm from his own yard (illegally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada