DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heavy Blue Cast on Video Mode

Ron Fisher

Reactions
I flew my Air 2S for the first time in many months yesterday (due to the vicious winter we had). It performed very well except for one serious issue. While shooting a regular video the screen on my Smart Contoller showed a serious blue cast over the whole image being recorded. I tried different video settings but to no avail. When I downloaded the videos to my computer they still exhibited the blue cast. At first I thought it might just be a Smart Controller screen issue. Still photos are not affected by this phenomenon. Strangely enough, while shooting in quick shots that utilize video such as boomerang and helix, the problem does not occur either, it only occurs in regular manual videos.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did your correct it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Generally a consequence of a white balance set more towards incandescent light, in the 3200K range. Set it higher to someplace around 5200-5600K.

Another alternative is to let the auto white balance do the work. Auto works well in situations were the lighting is predominantly 1 type. Not so much if mixed types are present. Read your manual for exact methods with your specific drone,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett