DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heavy payload

scooot

Reactions
Hi,
I am enjoying my MM but I have come across a couple of issues that I have resolved apart from one.
I was flying indoors last night with the prop cages on in cinamatic mode just to get used to manoeuvreing the MM and flying more precisely.The MM was great hovering nicely and holding position perfect.
I noticed I was Keep getting a ‘heavy payload please land’ message.Could this only be related to having the prop guards on or could there be another problem ?.
Thanks

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Could this only be related to having the prop guards on or could there be another problem ?
That's likely what's causing that message to appear.

Do you still see it after removing the prop guards?

That's likely what's causing that message to appear.

Do you still see it after removing
the prop guards?
I have had 4 flights outdoors without guards and there was no message.I did presume it was something to do with the guards but I thought I would double check on the forum just in case it might of been another issue.
Thanks

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
It could be the change in building pressure and heavier air inside. Just a thought . . .

this is a quote from the user manual.
if accessories are mounted to mavic mini,it is recommended to enable Payload mode for enhanced safety
after takeoff,Payload mode is enabled automatically if a payload is detected Note that the max Service Ceiling above sea level is 1500 m and the max flight speed is limited when payload mode is enabled

this is a quote from the user manual.
if accessories are mounted to mavic mini,it is recommended to enable Payload mode for enhanced safety
after takeoff,Payload mode is enabled automatically if a payload is detected Note that the max Service Ceiling above sea level is 1500 m and the max flight speed is limited when payload mode is enabled
Hi,
I have done another couple of indoor tests with payload option selected and unselected.I can confirm that when selected I don’t receive the message.
NOTE TO SELF.
Don’t just read the parts in the manual you think are important,read it all several times.
Thanks to all for help in resolving this.???

glad it helped the dji manuals are very good in general but sometimes the info gets a bit lost in translation but yes you do need to read every part before you fly you only need to have payload on if you plan to use the prop cages as it does change the flight parameters but even if they are for mainly inside flying they would be good if you were doing close up stuff in say woodland flying between the trees as they would save the props from damage if you did clip a branch or trunk

Reactions: scooot
Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether a led marker light qualifies as a payload outdoors. Second question: What is the speed restriction?

My Mini shipped today!

Reactions: old man mavic
the light you mention could make the payload message appear in the app depends on the weight i guess if it did then just turn on payload switch with the prop guards fitted i believe that the speed restriction is because payload restricts how much the drone tilts forwards when full forward stick is applied so limiting the speed its opposite to sport mode where the drone tilts forwards more so increasing speed its is controlled by the ESCs to each motor

Reactions: Danr-62 and scooot
anyone have any thoughts as to whether a led marker light qualifies as a payload outdoors

You mean a strobe ?
Maybe, but I would go for either a Strobon single led (Flytron), or A Firehouse Technology Dual 2 x led.
Both are pretty light, 4gms on the Strobon, and 4.54 gms for the Dual.

The Strobon has a run time of about 2 hrs with 80 mAh lipo (2 hr recharge), the FHT dual 2 - 2.5 hrs with 90 mAh lipo (1 - 1.5 hrs recharge), both micro USB charged from any source like power bank or vehicle / mains adapter.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem twice in a row, but much more serious: while I was flying with the protection of the propellers, I received the message "maximum load reached" or something like that; at that point the drone no longer responded to the remote control commands and started to randomly go from all sides until it landed very abruptly.
I therefore wonder what could have happened and how it is possible that the use of standard propeller protection causes these serious problems.

I had a similar problem twice in a row, but much more serious: while I was flying with the protection of the propellers, I received the message "maximum load reached" or something like that; at that point the drone no longer responded to the remote control commands and started to randomly go from all sides until it landed very abruptly.
I therefore wonder what could have happened and how it is possible that the use of standard propeller protection causes these serious problems.
Hi, any update info ?
Did You contact with service?
I got simillar issue and I started to looking for solution...

Seems that "max power load reached" issue can be reduced or fixed by seting up new set of propellers:

Reactions: OverLordOfYou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929