DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heceta Head Lighthouse on Oregon Coast

Thanks. The Oregon Coast is among my favorite places to fly. White knuckles all the way but fun none-the-less! Still practicing flying smooth.

Thanks for sharing your video. Overall, looks good. One suggestion is to continue practicing getting smooth camera movements while piloting the drone. Mix in a few more cinematic shots into the video.

A cool opening reveal capture? Start over the water, camera pointed down, moving toward the light house, with camera slowly coming up to reveal the light house.

Thanks for sharing your video. Overall, looks good. One suggestion is to continue practicing getting smooth camera movements while piloting the drone. Mix in a few more cinematic shots into the video.

A cool opening reveal capture? Start over the water, camera pointed down, moving toward the light house, with camera slowly coming up to reveal the light house.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Loved this video!! We've been to this location but didn't own a drone at the time. Now that we have a Mavic 2 Pro, we want to return to the Oregon coast next year. So we're very interested in where we can fly, especially around the lighthouses. So, where did you actually launch the Mavic 2 Zoom from in this video?
Thanks for sharing!

Loved this video!! We've been to this location but didn't own a drone at the time. Now that we have a Mavic 2 Pro, we want to return to the Oregon coast next year. So we're very interested in where we can fly, especially around the lighthouses. So, where did you actually launch the Mavic 2 Zoom from in this video?
Thanks for sharing!
The only place you can launch from is a small strip of beach sand near the parking lot. Then head straight out over the water. Must keep at least 500 feet away from off shore rocks and islands as they are bird rookeries. The lighthouse is almost a half mile away from the launch point.

My wife makes a great VO, which I need since I need to keep eyes on monitor to frame pictures and videos and when I look back up I easily lose sight of the bird. Even with a set of four strobes!
The ocean front in Yachats is another favorite area.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info. Fortunately, my wife is also a great VO, and I know what you mean with maintaining sight of the bird even with strobes. We've flown up to about 0.6 miles, and it is barely in sight. But we'll try it for sure!! Also love the Yachats area, including Cape Perpetua and Thor's Well. Can't wait to return next year!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair