DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Height and distance limited

sparkmarky

Reactions
Can anyone enlighten me? I took off with my Mavic Air 2 from a hill got to 48 meters in height, and would not go any higher has the app reported that I reached Max hight 400 feet? Also I could fly a maximum distance of 68 meters before the drone stopped! I thought you could fly from the height take off from plus 400 feet? The distance as well? Any one else seen this?

Can anyone enlighten me? I took off with my Mavic Air 2 from a hill got to 48 meters in height, and would not go any higher has the app reported that I reached Max hight 400 feet? Also I could fly a maximum distance of 68 meters before the drone stopped! I thought you could fly from the height take off from plus 400 feet? The distance as well? Any one else seen this?
You can adjust the flight maximum's in the dji fly app if you tap in the upper-left-hand corner area.
Be warned, 400ft AGL is the maximum you can fly legally in the United States.

Those are the limits if you aren't logged into your DJI account in the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-075121_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-075121_Dropbox.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 44
Those are the limits if you aren't logged into your DJI account in the app.
As mention, was logged into the because I could see all my flight records, also when to different locations to the base of hill had no issues with height or distance. The area had no restrictions

What do you have these sliders set on.
05F32281-21C8-418C-BAB6-C3AF9C663A91.png

Can you share the location you are trying to fly at when you see these limits? (it's possible there is a restriction you aren't aware of)

Reactions: dirkclod
Unlimited on distance and max heights 400 feets. I thought it max hfrom the point of take off

the location is 51.598231, -2.947072 put this into google maps

Ok, I checked those coordinates and didn't see any restrictions either. This is pretty puzzling then.

the location is 51.598231, -2.947072 put this into google maps

So Google Maps is telling me this is in the UK. Is that correct? By any chance did you buy your MA2 in the US and it's possibly confused about where it really is? Presume you had updated the maps on your phone/tablet before the flight?

So Google Maps is telling me this is in the UK. Is that correct? By any chance did you buy your MA2 in the US and it's possibly confused about where it really is? Presume you had updated the maps on your phone/tablet before the flight?

That really shouldn't be the issue. DJI drones work worldwide: I've personally taken my original (USA purchased) Mavic Air to half a dozen countries without a problem.

That really shouldn't be the issue. DJI drones work worldwide: I've personally taken my original (USA purchased) Mavic Air to half a dozen countries without a problem.

The drone, yes. The software in the controller, sometimes. The software on the phone or tablet, sometimes. The intersection of all those... is where I am suspecting the problem lies here. Hence my questions :)

The drone, yes. The software in the controller, sometimes. The software on the phone or tablet, sometimes. The intersection of all those... is where I am suspecting the problem lies here. Hence my questions :)

OP just needs to post the log file from one of the affected flights and we can figure out what's going on.

Reactions: dirkclod
Unlimited on distance and max heights 400 feets. I thought it max hfrom the point of take off
It does was just checking why I ask. Also anytime you change/set A setting be sure your powered up or they won’t stick.

Brought DJI China for UK, all to date. It was only notice when taking off on a hill nearly 400 feet.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Excuse me? Bearing in mind that they’re all manufactured in China, what has where it was bought from got to do with it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929