DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heliport & Air Park Regulations and Q's

JustinB

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm brand new to this forum and also brand new to drones. I recently purchased a DJI Mavic Pro and I have a bunch of questions.
I'm aware that you need to notify (not get permission) airports and heliports if you're going to be flying within a 5 mile radius. My question is: When I call, and there is no answer but an option to leave a voicemail for the Heliport location, do I leave that voicemail letting them know who I am, where I'm flying, etc.? What do I let them know in the voicemail, if anything. Also am I able to fly after leaving a voicemail?
I should say that these heliports that I am calling are hospital heliports.

Same question for Air Parks. I live close to the Clearwater Air Park, I tried calling them several times today to notify someone but no answer. I didn't leave a voicemail because I wasn't sure if I should and then go fly.

Also when I called the Pinellas County Sheriffs Office to notify them too, the guy asked if I had a license to fly, I'm guessing he was referring to the FAA registration? Or maybe he was referring to something else? I said yes anyway because I thought he was referring to my drone being registered.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000