DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello. Another Brand Noob from Long Island NY

AquaY

Reactions
Hello,
I'm just starting out.
I have a Mavic Pro 2 with smart controller on order and have been doing a little research to educate myself some.
I googled for info on skids and water safety and came across this site and decided to join.

My friend lost his drone in the water last year. Bird strike damaged it, it spun out of control and splashed.
I'd like to avoid a similar fate.

I want to use my new drone to investigate wild life on the shores and marshes here on/off Long island and shoot video and photos so not splashing into the water would be a good thing.
Or if it happens that I can recover it

Anyway, I'm here to learn and hopefully I won't ask stupid questions or too many questions that I could have figured out through searching. I will do my best to search first.
Any suggestions are truly appreciated.

Hello from the Crossroads of America AquaY.

If you haven't done it yet, stop by the FAA and register the M2P when you get it

You can take the TRUST test now while you wait, and keep a copy with you when you fly.

You may have seen this product from one our vendors.

Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom - Rescue Jacket | Phantom Rain

Good luck, happy shopping, and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Thanks for this.
I just passed the test and saved the cert and I checked out the link to the rescue jacket and wetsuit.
I think the comb is perfect for what I want and will order them.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks for this.
I just passed the test and saved the cert and I checked out the link to the rescue jacket and wetsuit.
I think the comb is perfect for what I want and will order them.

Let him know you're a member of the Forum and he'll work you up a deal on the products.

Might save a buck or two?

Send him a private message...

Thanks.
I looked if there was a link in the classifieds or something but my browser doesn;t show the links.
I paid the full price.
I’ll be honest , it seems a bit expensive but I did not want to go without some protection. If it works it;s worth it right?

Reactions: MA2 317
Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60