DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello ! Can I get some tips and tricks for footage at a beach ?

Isaac94

Reactions
Hello all ! It's great to be back here, once again. Tomorrow I'll leaving for Port Dickson, a local state in Malaysia which has some of the most beautiful beaches in Malaysia. I'm from Malaysia myself but I'm not from Port Dickson. Naturally the first thing once reaching there, is to eat, and go straight to the beach, and once there it's obvious I'm going to be setting up my drone to capture some nice stuff. The reason I posted this thread is to ask all you pilots that had / has been shooting in beaches, what type of drone shots do you guys mostly use while filming at the beach ? I've watched several videos of drone footage that was filmed at beaches, got a rough idea, I've used those common techniques most of the time as well, but still, hoping for each of you to share your tips and advice before I go out there and capture some amazing shots / footage.

My tip would be to realize that the ocean doesn’t look right if you change the speed of your clip while editing. Reversed footage also looks weird at the beach.

Hello all ! It's great to be back here, once again. Tomorrow I'll leaving for Port Dickson, a local state in Malaysia which has some of the most beautiful beaches in Malaysia. I'm from Malaysia myself but I'm not from Port Dickson. Naturally the first thing once reaching there, is to eat, and go straight to the beach, and once there it's obvious I'm going to be setting up my drone to capture some nice stuff. The reason I posted this thread is to ask all you pilots that had / has been shooting in beaches, what type of drone shots do you guys mostly use while filming at the beach ? I've watched several videos of drone footage that was filmed at beaches, got a rough idea, I've used those common techniques most of the time as well, but still, hoping for each of you to share your tips and advice before I go out there and capture some amazing shots / footage.
Fly so that you don't piss off the other people at the beach. Many people don't like the noise.

A straight flight over where the waves break if present is always nice. Footage that has composition showing different color hues works well. Do they have a lighthouse there?
Blue skies from SoCal

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots