DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello everyone from Ireland / Latvia

zeNitro

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm originally from Latvia, But now I live in Ireland.
About 3 weeks ago I purchased Mavic mini 2. It's my first drone, definitely not last. :D
I love it, But it has a slight issue with RTH. But I don't use that anyway.
I'm 29 years old, My first name is Marcis, But online I go as zeNitro :)

I live around the Carlow area in ireland.

Hello but best tell us what the RTH issue is. It might be a problem or you misunderstanding how it should behave, either needs 'fixing'.
from those few attempts on trying that function, it was way far from the actual home point. not like 1-2 meters, but almost 5. And when I turn on the drone, I look at the bottom sensors, 1 lights up for a moment. other doesn't. also tried different heights of return home. always failed. did calibrations for each height.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

About 3 weeks ago I purchased Mavic mini 2. It's my first drone, definitely not last. :D

Welcome from Long Island NY. Boy did you come to the right place for help. Lol. Marcus Fly safe and have fun Godspeed Droniac

The accuracy of the landing point during RTH does vary, 1 to 2m would not surprise me, though I think my Mavic Mini normally is within 1m. 5m does seem a bit out.
Are you certain it is setting a homepoint as it takes off and is your takeoff vertical?
Normally I would use RTH only to bring it more or less overhead and then I would land it manually.

At home my Mavic Mini rarely has a good GPS lock at take off and then sets the homepoint in flight, as it gets a better look at the sky. I generally send it up and only a short distance away until it tells me a homepoint has been set i.e. it has sufficient GPS satellites. Then I either bring it back over head and reset the homepoint or bring it back, land it and quickly take off again 'whilst' it still has a good GPS lock.
Because I have some times had quirky homepoints set I generally test it onec it has been set by flying the drone to beyond the minimum RTH distance and then initating an RTH to see if it does come back to overhead.

With regards to "I look at the bottom sensors, 1 lights up for a moment. other doesn't." uum I do not have a mini 2 but going by the manual the bottom sensor are Infra Red, can you see Infra Red? I can not but my phone's camera can. With the motors off the phone sees no 'light' from either lens of my Mavic Mini. In flight the phone sees 'light' from only one lens. Others need to chip in on this but I would be surprised if the Mini 2 differs from the Mavic Mini in this respect.

Regarding height, if you mean that the on coming into land the landing point appears to be not at 0, zero, height, that is fairly normal and the 'error' can vary. I rarely pay attention to that.
The height is set by measuring the air pressure and as the latter can vary during a flight it is not unreasonable for the apparent height of the landing point to be slightly out. There may also be some drift in the sensor.

This is one reason why it is a good idea to allow a reasonable clearance, height wise, between any object in the RTH flight path and the drone, I normally add 7m or so to clear a tree at home

Attachments

• IR sensors mini in flight.jpg
    IR sensors mini in flight.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello from the Crossroads of America zeNitro.

Nice to meet you Marcis. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

welcome to the forum i believe that one sensor sends a beam of infrared light and the other one receives that beam as it bounces off the surface under the drone ,that why only one is lit

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard. The people on this site are are very friendly, and as I keep saying there is no such thing as a daft question so don't be afraid to ask it. Regards Ian from the North East of England.

Welcome to the forum! :)

About 3 weeks ago I purchased Mavic mini 2. It's my first drone
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000