DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello Everyone! New pilot here from california

Ngaky

Reactions
My name is Bryan. New pilot and first time drone flier. Never have one before. I own Mavic pro that i got 3 weeks ago.. been flying once a week on my day off just to get use of it... So far I've been ok but still get confuse controlling the stick. been reading a lot and watching youtube to gain more info and learning all functions that this offer... I haven made any video and taken any picture as i focus more on flying it first.

Any advice and info might be helpful to this rookie.. Just be easy and patience with me as i know nothing about drone. Im just learning from scratch at this time. I leave @90631 zip code and maybe some here looking for a drone buddy to play with or willing to share knowledge and expertise.

Thank You all!

Welcome!

Since you never flown a drone before here some friendly advise:
To increase the life of your Mavic and to better understand what makes a drone actually fly (which come in handy should for any reason the automatic features malfunction) I strongly suggest to get yourself another 30$ toy drone on the side and practice flying with that. Also, practice with the mavic simulator which you can find in the academy section of Go.

My name is Bryan. New pilot and first time drone flier. Never have one before. I own Mavic pro that i got 3 weeks ago.. been flying once a week on my day off just to get use of it... So far I've been ok but still get confuse controlling the stick. been reading a lot and watching youtube to gain more info and learning all functions that this offer... I haven made any video and taken any picture as i focus more on flying it first.

Any advice and info might be helpful to this rookie.. Just be easy and patience with me as i know nothing about drone. Im just learning from scratch at this time. I leave @90631 zip code and maybe some here looking for a drone buddy to play with or willing to share knowledge and expertise.

Thank You all!
Howdy from Wyoming, Ngaky, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Glad you decided to join us, please ask if you have questions or need help.

Thank You all!
Funny, I grew up in La Habra near Washington middle school.

I suggest you practice in open field until reverse navigation is second nature to your navigation skills. That's where most novice pilots make fatal errors, usually coming in for landings. This is where the controls are backwards when the craft is facing you.

A good practice exercise is to set an object in the open field, such as a backpack, or any random object that's easy to see. Then manually navigate the craft and take video of it while you circle it, always keeping the object exactly in the center of the camera view. When you get good at that, creating smooth and precise video with this point of interest (POI) maneuver, you're on your way. Creating videos is all about being smooth. This training exercise can always help your navigation skills, no matter how good you get.

PM me if you'd like to meet up someday.

Funny, I grew up in La Habra near Washington middle school.

I suggest you practice in open field until reverse navigation is second nature to your navigation skills. That's where most novice pilots make fatal errors, usually coming in for landings. This is where the controls are backwards when the craft is facing you.

A good practice exercise is to set an object in the open field, such as a backpack, or any random object that's easy to see. Then manually navigate the craft and take video of it while you circle it, always keeping the object exactly in the center of the camera view. When you get good at that, creating smooth and precise video with this point of interest (POI) maneuver, you're on your way. Creating videos is all about being smooth. This training exercise can always help your navigation skills, no matter how good you get.

PM me if you'd like to meet up someday.
Sure will do... Willing to learn ...

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Thank You all!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada