DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello Everyone! Northern IL. drone newb here. ???

BirdzEyeView2020

Reactions
Hi everyone! Drone newb from Northern IL, USA. Currently studying for my Part 107 exam, and also a Drone Launch Academy member. My current drone is the Mavic Air 2, and I’m also battling between the Mavic 2 Pro, and the Inspire 2 (refurbished), as an addition to my ‘fleet’, so to speak.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi everyone! Drone newb from Northern IL, USA. Currently studying for my Part 107 exam, and also a Drone Launch Academy member. My current drone is the Mavic Air 2, and I’m also battling between the Mavic 2 Pro, and the Inspire 2 (refurbished), as an addition to my ‘fleet’, so to speak.
Happy to have you on board. I also live in Northern Illinois and purchased the MA2 about a month ago....having lots of fun learning how to fly and capture good footage. I am going to Jackson Hole in a few weeks and want to have my skill set up to get some good shots. I was looking for some other drone enthusiasts in Northern Illinois. There is a large drone group out of Chicago, but largely nothing happening since Covid. Also, I think on August 2nd, there is a special day (or part of the day) for photographers where they are allowing drones at Chicago, Botanical Gardens.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in Illinois. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" . Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. As to upgrading, you might want to wait until the M3P is released. It will give you another viable choice.

We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

Happy to have you on board. I also live in Northern Illinois and purchased the MA2 about a month ago....having lots of fun learning how to fly and capture good footage. I am going to Jackson Hole in a few weeks and want to have my skill set up to get some good shots. I was looking for some other drone enthusiasts in Northern Illinois. There is a large drone group out of Chicago, but largely nothing happening since Covid. Also, I think on August 2nd, there is a special day (or part of the day) for photographers where they are allowing drones at Chicago, Botanical Gardens.
Wow!! What a great welcome from everyone. I have been busy moving and other family stuff, but I truly regret missing all the responses! I've also been fairly busy studying for the Part 107, averaging upper 80% on the practice test on King Schools website. Can't seem to hit that 90 lol. The 'Find my drone' info is valuable advice, thank you, @Hauptmann

@jono2323 I'd be interested in a local drone club myself. **** THIS COVID!

Thanks, Everyone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242