DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello form Dublin,Ireland

Markymark 123

Reactions
Recently bought my mavic mini,also my first drone after I done some extensive pre purchase studying.great little drone but my most disappointing point of negativity is it flight range at times.sometimes I have gone only a couple of hundred feet and it is losing signal.the odd tree might be in the way but that's it.is it because I live in a built up area or is there any advice or tips to help my novice skills in this area.
Information welcome on this excellent site..

Recently bought my mavic mini,also my first drone after I done some extensive pre purchase studying.great little drone but my most disappointing point of negativity is it flight range at times.sometimes I have gone only a couple of hundred feet and it is losing signal.the odd tree might be in the way but that's it.is it because I live in a built up area or is there any advice or tips to help my novice skills in this area.
Is it still in "Beginner mode" possibly? I don't have a Mini, so I don't know for sure if that's is the correct name.

Welcome from China :)

I've recently realized that pointing the flat surface of your antennae at your drone makes a huge difference to signal strength. I'm not flying a Mini, but I imagine the same principles apply.

Aside from that, try to fly from high vantage points so that you can maintain VLOS between your controller and the drone, with no obstacles in between. I can fly a lot further from the roof of my apartment building than from the ground.

Unfortunately the Mini is the weakest of the Mavics when it comes to signal strength, it's a shame you didn't wait for a Mini 2, which addresses that problem. That said, it shouldn't be that bad. ..

Unfortunately the Mini is the weakest of the Mavics when it comes to signal strength, it's a shame you didn't wait for a Mini 2, which addresses that problem. That said, it shouldn't be that bad. ..

Indeed - plus if you watch the video, he goes > a few thousand feet and he does make mention of taking off the "Range Limit".

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

the odd tree might be in the way
Well, that could be an issue since the remote controller signal is not able to penetrate solid objects (like trees). But, if you're describing a situation where there is only a single tree in the flying area, then that likely is not causing the problem.

I live in a built up area
What happens when you fly in an area that isn't built up?

Welcome from China :)

I've recently realized that pointing the flat surface of your antennae at your drone makes a huge difference to signal strength. I'm not flying a Mini, but I imagine the same principles apply.

Aside from that, try to fly from high vantage points so that you can maintain VLOS between your controller and the drone, with no obstacles in between. I can fly a lot further from the roof of my apartment building than from the ground.

Thanks for the info and the video heindrich.ive watched that video and it's amazing but I'm envious of his distance.i will try manoeuvring the antenna and take into account of the height difference, hopefully that will get me further but my return to home seems to be getting home sick alot with me...
Welcome to the forum! :)

Well, that could be an issue since the remote controller signal is not able to penetrate solid objects (like trees). But, if you're describing a situation where there is only a single tree in the flying area, then that likely is not causing the problem.

What happens when you fly in an area that isn't built up?
Hi.the most I got regards distance was 990 feet in a park,no obstacles in my way.im expecting further than that.maximum is 3 miles apparently ??.....

Hi there, I'm from Dublin too. I fly the little Mavic Mini, and also the Mavic Air 2. Built up areas really aren't a friend of WIFI drones, you could try selecting the channels manually

Hi there, I'm from Dublin too. I fly the little Mavic Mini, and also the Mavic Air 2. Built up areas really aren't a friend of WIFI drones, you could try selecting the channels manually
Hi there, thanks for the info.so if I'm selecting the channels what sort of information should i be looking out for to inhance the quality....
Cheers

Hi there, thanks for the info.so if I'm selecting the channels what sort of information should i be looking out for to inhance the quality....
Cheers

Cheers
This video is quite self explanatory

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo