DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand

Reactions
Hi fellow members,

Just last night I decided to pull the trigger on a Mavic Mini. For weeks I planned to get Mavic Air 2 but this being my first time getting a drone I thought I'd start small and build to the bigger, more advanced aircraft.
I also decided on getting some accessories from PGY-Tech. Very excited for that.

I look forward to sharing my content with you all and contributing towards this community.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a good camera. I have several Pgytech accessories, which are first rate. The Mini will give you opportunity to practice stick movements until they become second nature, like riding your bike--you make subtle adjustments without any conscious thought. In a few months (between 2 and about 8) the Mavic 3 Pro should be released, which would give you another choice if you decide to upgrade.

Be aware that the Mini doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones, so be careful. On windy days, it's best to fly so that you have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I've not been to NZ, so I'll look forward to seeing it through your lens. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask. We'll answer!

Happy flying!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a good camera. I have several Pgytech accessories, which are first rate. The Mini will give you opportunity to practice stick movements until they become second nature, like riding your bike--you make subtle adjustments without any conscious thought. In a few months (between 2 and about 8) the Mavic 3 Pro should be released, which would give you another choice if you decide to upgrade.

Be aware that the Mini doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones, so be careful. On windy days, it's best to fly so that you have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I've not been to NZ, so I'll look forward to seeing it through your lens. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask. We'll answer!

Happy flying!
Thank you for the response and tips. Duly noted.

I have the GoFly app installed on my phone already and i'm going through everything to get my bearings. My drone is on its way. Hope i get it this afternoon. If not, then definitely tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. As you know this is a international forum, with pilots from all over the world. One of the things I like to encourage new pilots to do is Understand how the RTH ( Return to home ) feature works. Because I did not read the manual, just to let you know the RTH feature is one of the most complex features of a DJI drone. It works very well and rarely fails, it can do some unexpected things if your not sure how it works. There a four bullet points, that are very important to know about, had a bad experience with mine. Because I did not know how it works, did not crash it, but close call. Please carefully review the RTH section of your DJI manual so you fully understand what to expect.
Blue Skies and safe flying to you.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Hi, Welcome to the forum from a West Auckland M2Z pilot. You can get some stunning footage along the west coast beaches and cliffs, Piha, Mercer Bay, etc.

1594413111384.jpeg

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Hi fellow members,

Just last night I decided to pull the trigger on a Mavic Mini. For weeks I planned to get Mavic Air 2 but this being my first time getting a drone I thought I'd start small and build to the bigger, more advanced aircraft.
I also decided on getting some accessories from PGY-Tech. Very excited for that.

I look forward to sharing my content with you all and contributing towards this community.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000