DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from bc canada

genesimmons

Reactions
been on the fence for a drone as i am a amatuer photog and this was the next logical step, pullled the trigger on boxing day for a fly more mavic pro, been pretty colld here so havent taken it out yet but fully charged everything and updated everything as well, i have read some users use a dedicated phone for the screen and leave it in all the time, i think i like this idea and i have picked up a used apple 5, it wont have a sim but will be in wifi when i have it as i have shaw open and theres hot spots all over the place, i was pretty surprised to see when i turned the unit on yesterday to calibrate things that it said nfz, so i check the geo map and i am far from the red zone but in the yelllow for sure, is this normal? i was hoping to fly from my yard but i am seeing thats not the case here, i did the unlock on line and still says red nfz on the controller but the map shows the red circle far away from me, weird, anyways luv this site and hope to learn to be a better piolot

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome and happy flying!

been on the fence for a drone as i am a amatuer photog and this was the next logical step, pullled the trigger on boxing day for a fly more mavic pro, been pretty colld here so havent taken it out yet but fully charged everything and updated everything as well, i have read some users use a dedicated phone for the screen and leave it in all the time, i think i like this idea and i have picked up a used apple 5, it wont have a sim but will be in wifi when i have it as i have shaw open and theres hot spots all over the place, i was pretty surprised to see when i turned the unit on yesterday to calibrate things that it said nfz, so i check the geo map and i am far from the red zone but in the yelllow for sure, is this normal? i was hoping to fly from my yard but i am seeing thats not the case here, i did the unlock on line and still says red nfz on the controller but the map shows the red circle far away from me, weird, anyways luv this site and hope to learn to be a better piolot
Howdy from Wyoming @genesimmons, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: genesimmons
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: genesimmons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun