DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Buffalo, NY

mendylab

Reactions
First time drone owner. Air 2S Fly more combo. Also bought the RC Pro. Paid a guy to flash the firmware.

I like to do things all the way, so I took the part 107 test. Unfortunately, there are no testing locations in Buffalo. The closest is Rochester NY about an Hour and 15 min away. On the way to my test they canceled cause the place closed down do to covid. Ended up going an hour and 45 min to Erie, PA. Thank G-d passed the test on the first try with a 90.

Had some questions on the test that I still don't know the answer to...

Bought the ULANZI DR-02 mini strobe light, and PGYECH Propeller Holder.

Downloaded Aloft for LAANC but can't do anything without the 107 registration number, and mine is still pending, as they only sent me a temporary certificate.

In my bag I have the Drone Registration, and 107 temporary certificate. What else do you recommend to carry with or to do before flying?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Hello from the Crossroads of America mendylab.

Congratulations on passing the part 107 . 👍

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Set yourself up a fly bag, yes, just like the other pilots. The essential that never gets mentioned is a notebook and pen. As an old fart, I have to write stuff down as I think of it, i.e. spare parts, people to contact, information that I need to chase etc.
Regards

Welcome to the forum! :)

What else do you recommend to carry with or to do before flying?
It really depends on what you're doing. However, spare props and batteries are usually always items you want to have handy.

Liverpool, NY welcomes you.
In addition to the things mentioned here; also, bring a good attitude and be prepared to answer questions from curious individuals and naysayers. Remember they are not allowed to interfere with your flight. They can wait to ask questions or complain. I have always had positive experiences, sans 1 drunk jerk that thought he could catch my M2Pro with a fishing net from 200' away...LOL. I think positive interactions with lay-people help to promote the hobby and misspell negative myths about drones. Enjoy the weather out west.

Welcome to MavicPilots. Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus