DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Calhoun GA

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I've flown a P3P for almost a year and I'm very excited to be purchasing a Mavic in the near future!
A couple of quick questions on purchasing and related experiences, if you don't mind!
I purchased my P3P from Sure RC in California, via Amazon. They do not currently have enough stock to post online offerings.
So,
1 - Would I be better off to purchase directly from DJI, or go through Amazon for a DJI purchase? I want the UAV plus 4 batteries and a charging hub.
2 - I see the Mavic in various places described as a "Mini" drone or a "racing" drone. Compared to the Phantom line, is there anything that I will LOSE by moving to the Mavic line?

Thanks!

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Would I be better off to purchase directly from DJI, or go through Amazon for a DJI purchase?
Nobody has guaranteed stock, so you're likely going to have to wait either way unless you constantly check stock from dealers and buy as soon as they have Mavics in stock.

I see the Mavic in various places described as a "Mini" drone or a "racing" drone
It's definitely mini, but it's not a racing drone.

Compared to the Phantom line, is there anything that I will LOSE by moving to the Mavic line?
It sits lower to the ground, there aren't as many accessories available for it yet, the remote controller battery will only last for 5-6 flights, and it's not as easy to fly with a tablet (since the RC was not designed to hold a tablet). Those might or might not be cons for you.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Ranger . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Nobody has guaranteed stock, so you're likely going to have to wait either way unless you constantly check stock from dealers and buy as soon as they have Mavics in stock.

It's definitely mini, but it's not a racing drone.

It sits lower to the ground, there aren't as many accessories available for it yet, the remote controller battery will only last for 5-6 flights, and it's not as easy to fly with a tablet (since the RC was not designed to hold a tablet). Those might or might not be cons for you.

The camera is a little smaller than the Phantom 4 and the video not as good from my experience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000