DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from California

Jedi5150

Reactions
Hello all, new guy here from Central California.

Just yesterday I passed my FAA Airman Knowledge Test, and I've got my application in for my Remote Pilot License with Small UAS rating. A couple decades ago I logged a bit of flight time in Cessnas, and it feels great to get back into aviation, even if it is small and unmanned. ?

Today I got issued my brand new Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom, and took it for its' maiden flight. I've named it "Reaper". ? It came with all the bells and whistles, like the speaker, lights, beacon, and the upgraded controller with a screen built in. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. I can't wait to learn what all the capabilities this thing has, and I figured what better place to learn than from a forum of owners and users.

Welcome to the forum Jedi5150 . . . we are happy to have you. You and Reaper enjoy the sky my man!! Also learn what she 'cannot' do and read the manual front to back. then again. We are pleased to have your experience amongst the group. Tons of knowledge here so absorb it all . . .

Reactions: Jedi5150
Welcome to the forum Jedi5150 . . . we are happy to have you. You and Reaper enjoy the sky my man!! Also learn what she 'cannot' do and read the manual front to back. then again. We are pleased to have your experience amongst the group. Tons of knowledge here so absorb it all . . .

Thanks James, much appreciated! I'm looking forward to it. I already noticed that the starter manual it comes with is bare bones, so I'm going to begin by reading the online full manual.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Thanks Thomas. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just yesterday I passed my FAA Airman Knowledge Test, and I've got my application in for my Remote Pilot License with Small UAS rating. A couple decades ago I logged a bit of flight time in Cessnas, and it feels great to get back into aviation, even if it is small and unmanned. ?

Today I got issued my brand new Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom, and took it for its' maiden flight. I've named it "Reaper". ? It came with all the bells and whistles, like the speaker, lights, beacon, and the upgraded controller with a screen built in. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. I can't wait to learn what all the capabilities this thing has, and I figured what better place to learn than from a forum of owners and users.
Welcome and congratulations! The smart controller you're referring to is fantastic. Gives you so much more abilities and frees up your phone, also the screen brightness stands up to the sunlight. Happy flying!

Thanks for the welcomes, Gents! Glad to be here.

Welcome and congratulations! The smart controller you're referring to is fantastic. Gives you so much more abilities and frees up your phone, also the screen brightness stands up to the sunlight. Happy flying!

So far I think it's really cool. We're also setting them up with a computer monitor via HDMI, so we can all see on a big screen what the RPIC is seeing on the controller. But the controller is definitely cool. I'm probably quite spoiled, having never had to fly it with a cell phone screen. Now I'm watching youtube videos to figure out how to custom bind the controls. I want one of the two bottom buttons on the controller to toggle the payload on and off, so I don't have to do it on the screen (like the lights or beacon on/ off).

Congratulations on passing your part 107! Just curious, what other UAVs have you flown other than the Mavic 2 Enterprise model?
Blue Skies, from SoCal ?

Congratulations on passing your part 107! Just curious, what other UAVs have you flown other than the Mavic 2 Enterprise model?
Blue Skies, from SoCal ?

Thanks! I briefly flew an older model of the DGI Phantom. About 1 hour total flight time for training on it. So I'm extremely new when it comes to drones.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Hi and Welcome! You mention getting issued your M2EZ and setting up an extra monitor so others can see. What's the job?

Hi and Welcome! You mention getting issued your M2EZ and setting up an extra monitor so others can see. What's the job?

Law enforcement. We have a small "drone team", of about 10 folks at our agency, with me and one other guy being the noobs. We aren't supposed to call them drones, since that has a negative connotation (which is why I named mine "Reaper" hahaha). We use them for Search And Rescue, barricaded subjects, bomb calls, and basically anything high risk. They've been incredibly effective for us recently, saving huge amounts of money in man-hours.

We have about 8 of the Mavic 2 Enterprise, with four of them being zoom (like mine), and the other four with the high-res camera. And then we have about 3 of the older Phantoms. And we just got approved to purchase a big $25-30,000 drone, but I don't know what make or model they are getting. So each pilot on the team has our own personally issued drone, to use at work and take home with us.

Law enforcement. We have a small "drone team", of about 10 folks at our agency, with me and one other guy being the noobs. We aren't supposed to call them drones, since that has a negative connotation (which is why I named mine "Reaper" hahaha). We use them for Search And Rescue, barricaded subjects, bomb calls, and basically anything high risk. They've been incredibly effective for us recently, saving huge amounts of money in man-hours.

We have about 8 of the Mavic 2 Enterprise, with four of them being zoom (like mine), and the other four with the high-res camera. And then we have about 3 of the older Phantoms. And we just got approved to purchase a big $25-30,000 drone, but I don't know what make or model they are getting. So each pilot on the team has our own personally issued drone, to use at work and take home with us.
Cool to hear about the uses your dept has for drones (sorry... used the “d” word). Even cooler that you get to take them home with you!
Hope to see some positive news reports on your work!

Cool to hear about the uses your dept has for drones (sorry... used the “d” word). Even cooler that you get to take them home with you!
Hope to see some positive news reports on your work!

Thanks Thomas. I'm definitely excited to be on the team now. It's a fun and interesting new aspect of my job, which is always a good thing. :)

Reactions: Skyflyer129

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Congrats on your certification, enjoy your new M2E, fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka