DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Camano Island

kwilliam8

Reactions
Greetings from Camano Island, Washington! I am getting back into drone photography after a nearly four year hiatus. While I had previously flown a Phantom 3, I am now flying the Mavic 2 Pro. My interests are mostly in still photography, and the unique perspectives afforded by use of a drone. I have been browsing these forums for several weeks now, and found them to be very helpful and informative! I look forward to participating in these forums as I build my experience back up.

Keith Williamson

P.S., Here is part of Camano Island, taken recently with the Mavic 2 Pro:
20200209-DJI_0093-Edit-L.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Nice Image!;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I will be posting some of my images on the appropriate forum. It's been raining almost nonstop for a month and a half (it's been a bit rough, even by Seattle standards). Of course, this terrible weather is probably because I bought my drone recently! :) Thanks again!

Reactions: Angela D. Bodie
Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Nice picture, being that your on a island,
must be nice having fewer people policing you. That whole area is very picturesque, love that area. Fly safe and have fun.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Nice picture, being that your on a island,
must be nice having fewer people policing you. That whole area is very picturesque, love that area. Fly safe and have fun.

Thanks, SpitFire. This area is not as remote as you might think. We are only one hour north of Seattle, and Camano Island is accessible via a bridge. During my brief time taking that image (shown at the top of this thread), about a dozen people walked by, and all were very interested in what I was doing. Fortunately, this time, all were merely curious and all were very friendly. But, I know from my previous experience years ago, that that will not always be the case. I try to be prepared for that. I should be able to explain that I have done my homework on where I can legally fly, etc. But, I am also prepared to pack up and leave should a respectful discussion not be possible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka