DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from China

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Morgul34.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Had my first issue today as the gimbal motor was overloaded but i could not understand why.

I don't have the mini 2, but I do fly a DJI Spark and the Mavic Air 2.

One thing I noticed is that DJI gimbals are sensitive to external conditions that may affect the operation of the gimbal.

Unknowingly leaving the gimbal cover on during start up of the aircraft, sudden movements during flight (sport mode), added lens filters and flying in cold temperatures are some of the things that may trigger an overload warning.

If it's a persistent warning on future flights, it may need to be serviced.

Had my first issue today as the gimbal motor was overloaded but i could not understand why.
Welcome to the forum!

Sometimes, flying into the wind can cause a gimbal overload, when the camera is trying to point in a certain direction against the wind. You seem to have learned the simple fix. Land, power cycle the Mavic, and re-calibrate if needed,

Welcome to the forum!

Sometimes, flying into the wind can cause a gimbal overload, when the camera is trying to point in a certain direction against the wind. You seem to have learned the simple fix. Land, power cycle the Mavic, and re-calibrate if needed,

thanks I was indeed facing a gust at that exact moment it went weird. Could be it. I will pay attention in the future

The protector was removed and it happened during the flight.

i hope it was a one time thing but ill keep an eye open for it

thanks again, really appreciate you guys advices!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello I am an European living in China and enjoyed my first drone at Christmas.

A Tello for playing and I loved it so much I upgraded to Mini 2 and omg I love it xD

so far i really enjoy the mini 2 and have been reading the forum. Wanted to check in and say Hi
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike