DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Cochrane Alberta!

drone-ian

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots, Ian here in Cochrane. Recently picked up a Mavic Air 2 and have enjoyed learning how to fly this thing. Have some interesting footage and stills of the area around my house and I’m looking to get out and fly significantly further now that I have my Canadian RPAS basic license.

I’m hoping to make this more than just a hobby with some commercial video and roof inspection work down the road.

Realizing that the Mavic Air 2 isn’t the ideal platform for that kind of work, but it’s what I can afford today and I’ll work towards a more capable drone down the road.

Something like the new DJI Matrice 300 RTK would be terrific for what I’m thinking of doing!

Also enjoying checking out all the info here - a wealth of info and my thanks to all the contributors. Hopefully I can contribute something myself in the future.

Thanks

Ian

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

Don't be dissuaded by the low price and small size of the MA2. It's a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Since you aspire to the Matrice 300, you must be planning to do some very advanced work!

Lots of fellow Canadians and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. Now is the chance to learn piloting--when mistakes will be less costly. A few suggestions: Be sure to read the manual! Practice not only basic maneuvers, but precision flying and landing until your stick movements become as second-nature to you as has driving your car. You will need these skills in commercial filming and/or infrastructure surveillance. Equally important: Be sure you practice lost drone recovery procedure. (you will crash, and you will lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N