DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dorset, UK

bournemouth76

Reactions
Hi everyone... new member from the South Coast of the UK here (Dorset). Own a DJI Mavic Mini. Loving it so far (had it around a year) but finding limited locations to shoot photos & videos. Hoping to get out more post-lockdown! Have managed to compile an iMovie montage of footage I've shot so far though, which for a first effort isn't too awful! Not sure how to best make it available online, but assuming YouTube is a good option?

That's all for now :)

Hi everyone... new member from the South Coast of the UK here (Dorset). Own a DJI Mavic Mini. Loving it so far (had it around a year) but finding limited locations to shoot photos & videos. Hoping to get out more post-lockdown! Have managed to compile an iMovie montage of footage I've shot so far though, which for a first effort isn't too awful! Not sure how to best make it available online, but assuming YouTube is a good option?

That's all for now :)
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Hello from the Crossroads of America bournemouth76.

Have managed to compile an iMovie montage of footage I've shot so far though, which for a first effort isn't too awful! Not sure how to best make it available online, but assuming YouTube is a good option?

YouTube is free to use to the masses but some prefer paying a fee for a better service from Vimeo.

Whatever service you use, videos can not be uploaded directly to the Forum.

Pictures are fine, but not video.

Upload your content to the service of choice and then copy / paste the URL link back to the Forum in a post you create in the video section of the Forum.

The URL link should change to a thumbnail image of the content after you post.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello and welcome to the site from another mini flyer in South Dorset. There are plenty of places to fly around Wimborne and West but I do understand the feelings of uncertainty about where to fly. I suspect this uncertainty is borne of not knowing clearly what the rules are and how other people will react to you if they find you flying around. Well, those were my concerns anyway! A bit further down the road and I haven’t had a negative interaction with anyone. If going up to somewhere like Hardys Monument, it’s good to do it first thing in the morning when no-one is there. Here’s a little something I did up there with my Mini last year (in the good old days!). Keep in touch if you think I might be able to help. Mike

G

Hello and welcome to the site from another mini flyer in South Dorset. There are plenty of places to fly around Wimborne and West but I do understand the feelings of uncertainty about where to fly. I suspect this uncertainty is borne of not knowing clearly what the rules are and how other people will react to you if they find you flying around. Well, those were my concerns anyway! A bit further down the road and I haven’t had a negative interaction with anyone. If going up to somewhere like Hardys Monument, it’s good to do it first thing in the morning when no-one is there. Here’s a little something I did up there with my Mini last year (in the good old days!). Keep in touch if you think I might be able to help. Mike

Hi Mike - good to hear from a local flyer. Great video you've done there. You chose an incredible time/conditions to fly. I'll upload mine to YouTube I think and post a link shortly. Would be good to get some feedback. I think my uncertainty about where to fly comes from both the incredible set of restrictions about where I can take the drone up (I'm relatively familiar with the rules, having passed the relevant CAA tests/registration etc), but also taking to the skies where there are a number of people around. I worry too much about the latter, as I generally only go to quiet, countryside locations anyway.

We live in a great part of the country for taking the drone up, so hoping to find more good locations soon.
Neil.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji