DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dorset, UK

Hi - not sure if I'm placing this link to the right location on here, but here's my first edited drone footage (compiled and edited using iMovie). Any thoughts welcome. Just a reminder that I'm a relative drone beginner, so go easy on the feedback lol :) ...
Very nice flight and music but low video resolution.

Reactions: bournemouth76
Hi - not sure if I'm placing this link to the right location on here, but here's my first edited drone footage (compiled and edited using iMovie). Any thoughts welcome. Just a reminder that I'm a relative drone beginner, so go easy on the feedback lol :) ...
Nice to see this familiar countryside. Well done on doing it with iMovie. Thanks. Mike

Nicely flown and edited. I found the music to be a good choice and I liked your use of captions (even if I have no idea where the locations are).

As for the resolution, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out. My opinion is that unless you are doing commercial videos, you really don't need to publish in 4K. I usually go with 1080, maybe 2k, though I may shoot at higher resolutions. Gives me better options while editing. Most of those who see my videos will do so on smaller screens. I'm not convinced 4k would add to that experience. Just my opinion.

All in all a very good and enjoyable first effort.

Nicely flown and edited. I found the music to be a good choice and I liked your use of captions (even if I have no idea where the locations are).

As for the resolution, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out. My opinion is that unless you are doing commercial videos, you really don't need to publish in 4K. I usually go with 1080, maybe 2k, though I may shoot at higher resolutions. Gives me better options while editing. Most of those who see my videos will do so on smaller screens. I'm not convinced 4k would add to that experience. Just my opinion.

All in all a very good and enjoyable first effort.
Resolution is only 720p. In a big pc screen it looks bad.

Resolution is only 720p. In a big pc screen it looks bad.
I agree. Perhaps it's just my old, tired, eyes but I really didn't notice on my first view. (27" monitor) When I looked again, after it being pointed out, I really noticed it.

As I said though, I personally would not go below 1080p.

I agree. Perhaps it's just my old, tired, eyes but I really didn't notice on my first view. (27" monitor) When I looked again, after it being pointed out, I really noticed it.

As I said though, I personally would not go below 1080p.
Maybe you have noticed that he has restored his work today uploaded in 4k.Now it is perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60