DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dorset, UK

NickG

Reactions
Just a quick hello from me by way of introduction.

Just purchased an Air 2S having had a Phantom 2 which was so bulky to transport I never had it when the opportunity arose. It's for recreational flying and to get footage of greenlaning and cycling.

Have registered and passed the CAA stuff and now looking for places to fly. Turns out that the 1000 acres across the road is designated as an SSSI, Salisbury Plain is predominately military and Dorset is chock full of "stay-cationers". Challenges!

Nick

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Just purchased an Air 2S having had a Phantom 2 which was so bulky to transport I never had it when the opportunity arose. It's for recreational flying and to get footage of greenlaning and cycling.

Have registered and passed the CAA stuff and now looking for places to fly. Turns out that the 1000 acres across the road is designated as an SSSI, Salisbury Plain is predominately military and Dorset is chock full of "stay-cationers". Challenges!

Nick
I know how you feel, I live on the north side of Salisbury plain:confused:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America NickG.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Reactions: Steel63

Nick
Hi Nick

Welcome to the Air2S community.
I'm pleased with that drone except the lack of side obstacle avoidance.
I live in Foufères, Brittany, France.
What about you ?

Jodel

I sympathise with you and the restrictions imposed by your location. I live in North Shropshire close to the Welsh border and about 15 miles from RAF Shawbury helicopter training base.
Although I am outside the restricted area associated with this base and should be able to fly freely, I still have to be very wary of aircraft approaching at high speed and low level. In theory they are not supposed to fly lower that 150ft but this restriction is totally ignored.
There is a 200 ft ,wind turbine about 300 yds away and this is used as a "marker" for their exercises. The noise is annoying during the day time but at 2am, DAMMED annoying.
Complaining falls on deaf ears (probably deafened by their own aircraft!!!!).
However there plenty of great places not very far away so on balance I think myself fortunate.
Enjoy your flying where and when you can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom