DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Elie :)

Reactions: Elie N.
Ordered it two days ago, first drone I've bought with a camera. Super hyped about the Mavic.

Hello ☺ I had the pleasure of visiting Dubai a few times. But that was before I had any drones. Are they accepted well there?

Hello ☺ I had the pleasure of visiting Dubai a few times. But that was before I had any drones. Are they accepted well there?

There are loads of laws and regulations regarding drones here, however they are accepted and as long as you abide by the rules, everything is fine. If you plan on bringing one here though I highly recommend bringing it in your luggage instead of your carry on, just to avoid any complications at the airport.

There are loads of laws and regulations regarding drones here, however they are accepted and as long as you abide by the rules, everything is fine. If you plan on bringing one here though I highly recommend bringing it in your luggage instead of your carry on, just to avoid any complications at the airport.

Thanks for that tip. Even thought I doubt I'll make it to Dubai any more :(

There are loads of laws and regulations regarding drones here,...

I was fortunate to get my earlier Phantom into the UAE just before a lot of that. Got to use it for filming at Yas Marina, Masdar and out in the desert SW of Abu Dhabi. I only made it to Dubai briefly, but it's an impressive city, to say the least. Welcome to the waiting game :)

Hello! It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy TU

Hello! It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy TU

Just saw this reply, thank you so much for the warm welcome. The sense of community amongst us is great :D

I was fortunate to get my earlier Phantom into the UAE just before a lot of that. Got to use it for filming at Yas Marina, Masdar and out in the desert SW of Abu Dhabi. I only made it to Dubai briefly, but it's an impressive city, to say the least. Welcome to the waiting game :)

Wow that must have been pretty fun :D We've been waiting for a while. Can't wait to see what this community will be able to produce!

I believe we are approaching the end of recreational drone usage in Dubai. Too many airport incursions over the last few years
Drone at it again; forces closure of Dubai airport - Khaleej Times
Drone scare shuts down traffic at Dubai International airport — again

The actual law forbids the usage of camera, (even if it is legally on sale in Dubai) so what's the point, beside using it to keep the skills of handling one:
Registration
Drone with cameras illegal in the UAE, owners told | The National

I honestly don't know how airport authorities will react to tourists having a drone in their luggage. I took mine a few times, as hand luggage and I had to go through some backdoor offices to sort it out.

I ordered my Mavic to fly outside the UAE. It's the best drone available for both its filming quality and portability. I can't wait to use it.

Happy flying to all of you

I got delivery of my Mavic Pro yesterday. I've just done the registration online with GCAA, tomorrow I will go down with the originals to present and collect the authorisation certificate.

Has anyone else done this in Dubai? The DCAA website says I need a certificate from Sanad Academy but the GCAA don't state this. I'm thinking the GCAA will over rule the DCAA as its for the whole of the UAE not just Dubai.

Does any have any information about this?

I got delivery of my Mavic Pro yesterday. I've just done the registration online with GCAA, tomorrow I will go down with the originals to present and collect the authorisation certificate.

Has anyone else done this in Dubai? The DCAA website says I need a certificate from Sanad Academy but the GCAA don't state this. I'm thinking the GCAA will over rule the DCAA as its for the whole of the UAE not just Dubai.

Does any have any information about this?
Hi,

That is one of my concerns as well, I saw the requirements from Gulfnews

To register your non-commercial drone, you need to include the below information:

• Operator name
  • Operator’s contact details: Phone, Fax, Mobile number, and Email address
  • Operator’s Emirates ID (front and back sides)
  • Operator’s Passport copy along with Visa page
  • Operator Passport size Photo
  • Drone Photo
  • Drone type and model
  • Drone Serial number
  • Operator Training Certificate (Mandatory via Sanad Academy

Hi, I'm from Abu Dhabi and just joined the group. I would like to know if you can share good, legal and some sort of low profile spots where we can fly our drones without other people bothering us.

By the way, I bought the mavic in Virgin megastore, the drone can only be flown with camera and it is legal to sale in Dubai, same as the parrot and bebop and even a delta wing with camera being sold there, however they are not selling drones in Abu Dhabi. Regarding flying with or without camera, it is interesting because even the GCAA brochures about guidelines flying drones come with pictures of drones with camera. not to mention the Grand Prix of drones in Dubai where all drones from competitors and general public and fans have cameras. as long as you fly the drone privately on a lonely spot outside the no flying zones and don't publish any video online, it should be ok.

for
Hi, I'm from Abu Dhabi and just joined the group. I would like to know if you can share good, legal and some sort of low profile spots where we can fly our drones without other people bothering us.
Hi,

just download the app UAE Flyzone Map and you would know, please join our group in FB, DJI Mavic Pro UAE

Hello everyone. I will be in Abu Dhabi for business beginning of May. Initial plan is 1 week but it can be extended maybe even a month. I'm sure I will have more then enough spare time if it's extended.

Do you think it's wise to have the Mavic along with me?

hello!!! anyone out there who would comment on the above? any pilots from abu dhabi??? uae?

By the way, I bought the mavic in Virgin megastore, the drone can only be flown with camera and it is legal to sale in Dubai, same as the parrot and bebop and even a delta wing with camera being sold there, however they are not selling drones in Abu Dhabi. Regarding flying with or without camera, it is interesting because even the GCAA brochures about guidelines flying drones come with pictures of drones with camera. not to mention the Grand Prix of drones in Dubai where all drones from competitors and general public and fans have cameras. as long as you fly the drone privately on a lonely spot outside the no flying zones and don't publish any video online, it should be ok.

thanks for this. I just e-mailed the GCAA to ask permission to film in the green zone of sharjah for personal use and they came back saying only authorised organizations are allowed. also they said i need to prove to the police who will probably catch me, that there is no film or picture.what's the point of flying it then? :( i hope nobody can track my flying drone if I fly it for a short period and record a bit.

Reactions: farhan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143