DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from El Paso Texas

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Sorry to hear that your having issues, however it would be easier for you if you will give us more info on your aircraft.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Grossinger.

There's some eager beavers here to help.

Look for videos about your drone on YouTube to start with.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

It looks like you are on the edge of CLASS C airspace (El Paso airport).

Screenshot_20210207-184644.png

That may be part of the problem.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller.
Nope not FAA registered. I figure I should get the drone off the ground before I deal with that.
Love my M2P! Good choice.

Please get registered with FAA and post the number on your drone. Only $5.00 and instant. Do it at the FAA’s DroneZone. Then post the number on the exterior of your drone.
Help preserve the hobby and business use. FAA classifies our drones as aircraft and is the controlling/ regulating body for all U.S. airspace.

Here’s a link to the full online only 70 page DJI manual for your drone. MUCH more than what comes in the package.... get it here:

Thanks, I've had nothing but trouble since I got this thing. Two days working with it, and I finally got the drone turn on.
Wow! Lights.
The videos are totally useless to a complete nooby. So is Amazon help and so is DJI help.
I had a problem right off the bat in that I could not get the Wi-Fi to work. Finally figured out it had to be AT&T.
It was and I got that fixed.
The idiotic "Smart" controller gives no error messages, no codes, nothing. "Failed to connect."
Most of the videos for beginners are useless because they all show the older controller, the one you connect your phone to.
So, I'm blundering thru this thing one step at a time.
I quit today when it failed to activate for whatever reason.
Decided to save that for tomorrow.
I'm sure I will be singing a different tune once I get the drone off the ground and flying but right now I'm not impressed.

Thanks, I've had nothing but trouble since I got this thing. Two days working with it, and I finally got the drone turn on.
Wow! Lights.
The videos are totally useless to a complete nooby. So is Amazon help and so is DJI help.
I had a problem right off the bat in that I could not get the Wi-Fi to work. Finally figured out it had to be AT&T.
It was and I got that fixed.
The idiotic "Smart" controller gives no error messages, no codes, nothing. "Failed to connect."
Most of the videos for beginners are useless because they all show the older controller, the one you connect your phone to.
So, I'm blundering thru this thing one step at a time.
I quit today when it failed to activate for whatever reason.
Decided to save that for tomorrow.
I'm sure I will be singing a different tune once I get the drone off the ground and flying but right now I'm not impressed.
Read the manual I posted above. Everything you need to get started can be found in the DJI download center... including all manuals and software....

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Read the manual I posted above. Everything you need to get started can be found in the DJI download center... including all manuals and software....
Try as I may, I don't see them mentioning anything about why the controller failed to connect to my net.
Nada. The DJI help folks had no ideas either.
Nor can I find anything that tells me why the controller can't activate my drone. I guess I will just have to fiddle around until I stumble into the solution.
Do you know why the drove can't be activated?
What should I check?
Here is my problem in a nutshell.
Great video showing the wrong controller but anyway. It does not mention not being able to activate and what to do about it.

Try as I may, I don't see them mentioning anything about why the controller failed to connect to my net.
Nada. The DJI help folks had no ideas either.
Nor can I find anything that tells me why the controller can't activate my drone. I guess I will just have to fiddle around until I stumble into the solution.
Do you know why the drove can't be activated?
What should I check?
Here is my problem in a nutshell.
Great video showing the wrong controller but anyway. It does not mention not being able to activate and what to do about it.
Use the link to download the controller info. There are also videos ... Google is your friend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000