DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Everett, WA. USA

tbr33791

Reactions
Hi, All. I bought a Phantom 4 pro+ about a month ago. My dad wanted me to learn to fly the things so that we could go find a cedar that he saw 40 years ago that was 80 feet around the base. He tried a foot mission and couldn't get up the mountain anymore. He is 70, and said that, after the swim across the river that was up to his neck, he had to climb hand-over-limb into the jungle up the hill. "Worst Sunday of my life", he claimed. :) So now I have a Phantom 4 pro+. (The plus, because he doesn't have a smartphone!) :)
Anyway, in flying this thing, I realized how much fun they are. Now, knowing that my dad is going to want the drone that he paid for, I realized that I needed one.

Enter the Mavic 2 Pro. Cool little bugger. This will be my drone, and is why I am at this site. I have a question, but I'll put that in the right forum.

Enjoying both for now, until my dad gets his drone from me. I'll have to teach him how to fly it, of course...then all bets are off about how long it lasts. He said something about wanting to fish with it, too, so that will be a bonus. We'll see. Anyway, I am enjoying them. I've put about 30 batteries through them so far. No crashes, or even close calls, really. I flew RC planes for years, so getting used to being able to stop and observe while stationary is still a little weird. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Have fun with your M2P and fly safe! Plenty of great Pilots here to help you along!;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Hey, your dad isn't too old to learn, I had never flown a drone before and I'm 79 years old, and have been flying my MP2 ZOOM for a year and a half and still think I'm doing a pretty good job?? If it's something he really wants to do I'm sure he will be a good student. Welcome to the club, a good place to stay updated with what's going on in the drone world.

Hi, All. I bought a Phantom 4 pro+ about a month ago. My dad wanted me to learn to fly the things so that we could go find a cedar that he saw 40 years ago that was 80 feet around the base. He tried a foot mission and couldn't get up the mountain anymore. He is 70, and said that, after the swim across the river that was up to his neck, he had to climb hand-over-limb into the jungle up the hill. "Worst Sunday of my life", he claimed. :) So now I have a Phantom 4 pro+. (The plus, because he doesn't have a smartphone!) :)
Anyway, in flying this thing, I realized how much fun they are. Now, knowing that my dad is going to want the drone that he paid for, I realized that I needed one.

Enter the Mavic 2 Pro. Cool little bugger. This will be my drone, and is why I am at this site. I have a question, but I'll put that in the right forum.

Enjoying both for now, until my dad gets his drone from me. I'll have to teach him how to fly it, of course...then all bets are off about how long it lasts. He said something about wanting to fish with it, too, so that will be a bonus. We'll see. Anyway, I am enjoying them. I've put about 30 batteries through them so far. No crashes, or even close calls, really. I flew RC planes for years, so getting used to being able to stop and observe while stationary is still a little weird. :)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf