DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from France

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Pancaro77
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Pancaro . :)

I'm a mavic pilot in iceland and i welcome you as an pilot [emoji108] how is the fying condision in france ? It not that grate hear in iceland

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm a mavic pilot in iceland and i welcome you as an pilot [emoji108] how is the fying condision in france ? It not that grate hear in iceland

Thank you Taz! It's all cloudy but warmer than last weeks. Iceland is on my list for a trip to take photographies and to film! I'd love to go there!

Be welcome it beutifull in the summer time hope to see ya [emoji4] hear is a link on my youtube video hope you enjoy [emoji1360]

Merci pour l'accueil!! Le mavic est impressionnant! J'ai hâte de pouvoir filmer mon premier projet avec!

Tu verras tu vas te régaler.
Voici mes 2 premiers projets. J'y vais doucement et progressivement, déjà pour m'habituer à la bête, mais aussi avec le logiciel de montage. J'ai commencé avec Resolve mais très compliqué, j'ai fais le deuxième avec Adobe première pro CC. Même principe mais en plus simple.
Bonne chance avec tes montages.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Tu verras tu vas te régaler.
Voici mes 2 premiers projets. J'y vais doucement et progressivement, déjà pour m'habituer à la bête, mais aussi avec le logiciel de montage. J'ai commencé avec Resolve mais très compliqué, j'ai fais le deuxième avec Adobe première pro CC. Même principe mais en plus simple.
Bonne chance avec tes montages.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app
Je suis déjà allé voir tes videos, la montagne est faite pour les vues aériennes! Je connais bien Adobe premiere pro pour l'utiliser depuis maintenant 10 ans. Voici ma première video sur mes 2 premiers vols:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
Thank you!

Hi! I'm going to be going to France and Luxembourg in March. Looking online I've found that some paperwork is needed to fly in France, and a big fee paid for Luxembourg. Have you bothered with any of that, or have you found that you can just fly as a hobbyist without being hassled?

Hi! I'm going to be going to France and Luxembourg in March. Looking online I've found that some paperwork is needed to fly in France, and a big fee paid for Luxembourg. Have you bothered with any of that, or have you found that you can just fly as a hobbyist without being hassled?

Hello niclariv, for what i know, if you're not a professional and you have a mavic, you don't need paperwork but you have to follow the french rules:

- i don't fly above people
- i respect Max height limit
- i always have my aircraft un sight
- i don't fly by night
- i don't fly in public Space in cities
- i don't fly near airports
- i don't fly over protected or sensible sites
- i respect other's privacy
- i don't use my footage commercially

There are a lot of places on France to fly your drone! Enjoy!

Reactions: niclariv
That's great! Thanks for your help! What's the max height? Because it's a neighbouring country I should also ask if you happen to know about Luxembourg? I will be there too, and they also have paperwork for commercial flyer as well as a huge fee to pay.

iPhone 6S

Last edited:
Wow that's a great height allowance. It's only 300ft in Canada.

For Luxembourg, from what I read there I'm thinking only commercial flyers need to pay that huge fee, but everyone needs to file a flight plan? That doesn't work very well for tourist hobbyists who can't really plan the flight ahead of time, just see when there's an opportunity... I wonder how strictly it's enforced.

iPhone 6S

Look like in Luxembourg you don't need to pay any tax to fly as a hobbyist, you don't need to drop a flight plan, you must respect some rules:
Don't fly above 50m from ground
Don't fly in an area of 2 km around any heliport or aerodrome and in an area of 5 km around Luxembourg International Airport.
You must always keep direct eye contact with your Mavic.
Enjoy your flights in our beautiful country, even if March is not the best month to do it.
Fredo

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Making a flight plan on advance is tricky because I'll only be there for a couple of days, and won't know where I want to film until the moment I can actually do it. I'll figure it out. Thanks, I like Luxembourg, been there a few times before.

iPhone 6S

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929