Hello from Geelong, Australia

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: AnneP
Welcome to the navic pilots you will learn so much on here i have brilliant

Welcome Anne... be safe and enjoy!

Welcome Anne you will love your new Mavic and will get a lot of good info from hear, Have fun flying

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hi Anne, Dan also in geelong. We met next to little creatures... I bought one the next day :)

How's the flying going?

Hi Dan, That's great. Did you buy locally or online? I wondered how the planning for your NT trip was going. There's a guy doing a trip who worked out about charging batteries and I thought of you. Mike probably won't be back in time for some advice this trip but maybe for the future. Here's his website: Outback Mike – No food, no water, no WIFI!!!
I'm still flying and loving it. Was trying out Way Points on the weekend. How are you finding the Mavic?
Cheers, Anne

Hi Dan, That's great. Did you buy locally or online? I wondered how the planning for your NT trip was going. There's a guy doing a trip who worked out about charging batteries and I thought of you. Mike probably won't be back in time for some advice this trip but maybe for the future. Here's his website: Outback Mike – No food, no water, no WIFI!!!
I'm still flying and loving it. Was trying out Way Points on the weekend. How are you finding the Mavic?
Cheers, Anne

I bought from your recommendation :) same guys :) yes NT is in full swing. Leave not this but next Saturday. .. I got the three battery kit but would love more... no way to recharge on the 9 day walk. Just have to be frugal with flying and save for some more. I had a guy who was going to lend me two of his but he is now away at the same time... bugger :(
I love the mavic. I'm down in lakes entrance at the mo and have been flying while working. We shall have to catch up and swap tips!

I bought from your recommendation :) same guys :) yes NT is in full swing. Leave not this but next Saturday. .. I got the three battery kit but would love more... no way to recharge on the 9 day walk. Just have to be frugal with flying and save for some more. I had a guy who was going to lend me two of his but he is now away at the same time... bugger :(
I love the mavic. I'm down in lakes entrance at the mo and have been flying while working. We shall have to catch up and swap tips!
Three batteries will make you pretty restricted. I can use 3 in an hour just messing about. Did you have any luck with being able to charge the batteries using solar power?

I will be able to once I spend a few hundred dollars :( the voltage and current requirement are the issue. I just have to get good at getting it up taking the footage and pics I want and then getting it down and off again in a hurry. It is definitely doable. Just needs more research and thought on my behalf. I'm going to talk to cody to see if I can hire some of his?

Wow! Mike is hard core! I couldn't find any reference to his recharging methods but will ask him questions when he returns. I will keep you informed with how we go and hopefully I'll get enough quality footage to make the scout parents happy. I still can't believe the quality of the images we can get. But the stability of the mavic staggers me more. It's like it is nailed to the sky.

Mike will have some challenges but it sounds like he has enough experience behind him for a great trip. I'm looking forward to seeing the footage after he returns.
Glad you like the Mavic. Is it your first drone? Is it the Larapinta Trail that you are walking? Wouldn't mind seeing some of your footage too when you return.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots