DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Girvan, Scotland

RSD1982

Reactions
Hello all!
I'm Richard, owner of a Mini 3 Pro, RC Controller and Fly More kit.
I live in Girvan, a quiet fishing town on the south-west coast of Scotland. There's some beautiful areas around here to take footage of with my new drone.
I've previously owned a Phantom and Phantom 2, both of which I installed FPV and OSD modules on, though it was a long time ago now! I also had a Black Pearl FPV monitor which I loved. It was great when bystanders came and asked questions!
Looking forward to this weather warming up a little to get out there!

Hello from the Crossroads of America RSD1982

Nice to meet you Richard. 🤝

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you have had so many drones previously, I just end this with another Welcome and incase you do not yet have the Mini 3 Links…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello all!
I live in Girvan, a quiet fishing town on the south-west coast of Scotland. There's some beautiful areas around here to take footage of with my new drone.
I've previously owned a Phantom and Phantom 2, both of which I installed FPV and OSD modules on, though it was a long time ago now! I also had a Black Pearl FPV monitor which I loved. It was great when bystanders came and asked questions!
Scotland!! Ha.

Can't imagine the shots you'll soon be sharing around here! ;)

Welcome from Savannah, GA USA.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello all!
Welcome! According to my DNA I am 67% Scottish.

Welcome to the forum Richard.

Just so happens I had a map of Scotland open on Google Maps from last night, scoping out a possible trip next year.
Girvan is a decent sized township, loved a drive through on street view.

The rail network up there is decent too, so this might be the best way to drop by some of these fantastic towns up the west coast and the 'tip', maybe the odd car hire here and there where it gets a bit difficult.

Look forward to seeing some of your local footage.

Just so happens I had a map of Scotland open on Google Maps from last night, scoping out a possible trip next year.

The rail network up there is decent too, so this might be the best way to drop by some of these fantastic towns up the west coast and the 'tip', maybe the odd car hire here and there where it gets a bit difficult.

There are so many beautiful towns around here. Unfortunately the bigger the towns get the more they should be avoided! Girvan was beautiful up to 10 years ago, but economic downturn has led to higher alcohol and drug abuse rates and the closure of a lot of the small, independent business that once made it great. A lot of the shops on the Main Street are now empty and it’s not the tourist hot spot it once was.

There are some truly beautiful towns within a reasonable drive though but the most stunning, and one I plan to visit with my M3P during the summer months, is Portpatrick.

Hi Richard and welcome. I have a holiday home on Luce Bay at Port William - summer only - so I'm well familiar with the area. Be wary of restricted airspace - Port Patrick is pretty close to to boundary.
The controlled airspaces can be viewed on the DJI app. Prestwick airport puts an interesting cross over Ayr!

Hello all!
Welcome to the forum from Len in South Wales, hope you enjoy, safe flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54