DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Granard Ireland.

Blueflame2007

Reactions
Just returning here following a two year enforced break. I crashed my Mavic Pro back in April 2017 and apart from damaging two props, the gimbal cable snapped and a front arm/leg also snapped. I ordered and received the parts fairly quickly after the crash and had all good intentions of doing the repairs myself with a little help from my sons techy friend.

Well as often happens in these cases things kept getting put back and other projects which I'm involved in took precedence until just last week we took the bull by the horns and said OK, lets do this. So following approx 6 hours of patient detailed work and a load of help from Utube we got her back in the air briefly much to everyone's relief.

Now having forgotten all the tips and tricks I learned back then I have to familiarise myself with all the settings for the aircraft and the camera. However being a keen photographer and videographer
this should not be a problem so looking forward again to getting back up there and getting some real good value footage.

So just wondering what is the current firmware update and will it have much impact on how the craft flies now compared to back in 2017. I noticed just this morning that a note with the current firmware update stated that following the update the aircraft would be restricted to max altitude of 30metres and max distance of 50 metres. I presume one will be able to dial in their own preferred settings following this update, am I correct in saying this.

I have not implemented the update yet as I am currently recharging my controller and my three aircraft batteries. Looking forward to learning all over again how to fly this brilliant piece of tech and meeting and making new friends worldwide on here.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa