DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from Holland

Joris holland

Reactions
Hi to all,

I have finally my mavic.
After watching all the tutorials and checking for regulations in holland the fun can begin.
I'm living in Holland Groningen, so I hope to meetup some times with other pilots to fly together and pass on tips and tricks.
I hope that i can learn video editing, and give some good videos to you because that is also completly new to me.
For now im flying simulator to get te feeling for it and soon to fly outside

kind regards
Joris

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi to all,

I have finally my mavic.
After watching all the tutorials and checking for regulations in holland the fun can begin.
I'm living in Holland Groningen, so I hope to meetup some times with other pilots to fly together and pass on tips and tricks.
I hope that i can learn video editing, and give some good videos to you because that is also completly new to me.

kind regards
Joris
Howdy from Wyoming Joris holland, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

Reactions: Basztor
Hi to all,

I have finally my mavic.

kind regards
Joris

I'm bringing my Mavic from the USA to Holland next week to take pictures along the WWII MARKET-GARDEN sites of Eindoven, Nijmegan, and Arnhem. I've checked the Dutch national airspace map for drones; are there any other rules I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Hi BOB,
welcome to Holland.
The obvious rule is: don't fly over people, and stay away of airports.
The drone must be in LOS all time.
kind regards
Joris

Hi BOB,
welcome to Holland.
kind regards
Joris
Hi Joris,

Welcome to the forum!

I think I might take advantage of the fact you have mentioned Groningen as your local area.

If you know Air Map app, maybe you know what "Accepts Digital Notice" in Groningen area mean? Is it necessary to get some online permit when wanting to fly e.g. over Bourtange village in the east?

Milos

Hi BOB,
welcome to Holland.
kind regards

Joris
B
Joris - I'm looking forward to staying in Nimegan Sat, Sun, Mon while we tour and I take videos and pictures with the Mavic.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can fly too close to the bridge at Arnhem.
How's your weather this time of year?

Bob

Last edited:
B
Joris - I'm looking forward to staying in Nimegan Sat, Sun, Mon while we tour and I take videos and pictures with the Mavic.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can fly too close to the bridge at Arnhem.
How's your weather this time of year?

Bob

Hi Bob, from Nijmegen over here. Where do you perform this weekend? at Doornroosje / Merlyn ?
BTW: the weather is great this weekend.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Hi Bob, from Nijmegen over here. Where do you perform this weekend? at Doornroosje / Merlyn ?
BTW: the weather is great this weekend.
I'm not sure what our agenda is yet. A friend and I are meeting a battle tour guide at Amiens on Saturday morning and he's taking us to Nijmegan. We'll use that as a base for our tours and my Mavic flying.
Any recommendations for sights to take video/pictures of? Restaurants?
I've never been to Holland other than through Schiphol Airport, so am looking forward to seeing it and the people.

I'm not sure what our agenda is yet. A friend and I are meeting a battle tour guide at Amiens on Saturday morning and he's taking us to Nijmegan. We'll use that as a base for our tours and my Mavic flying.
Any recommendations for sights to take video/pictures of? Restaurants?
I've never been to Holland other than through Schiphol Airport, so am looking forward to seeing it and the people.

I would recommend filming at the northside of the river called "De Spiegelwaal". The river is at a record low level so there are lots of sandy beaches to film. The river is one of the busiest of Europe with lots of ships and so. Just stay away from the heliport at the hospital "Radboud" for 3 Km and you'll be fine. Also keep away in the woods on the east side of Nijmegen near Malden because there is a glider-airfield so keep away at a 3 Km radius as well from that place. In the weekend and good weather it can be busy over there with lots of gliders up in the air.

There is also an old abandoned powerplant you'll notice right away when entering Nijmegen. I know it's off limits but if you sneak your drone over it you'll get fantastic shots. Be sure to film the old bridge as well but stay a bit clear of the roads since you're not allowed to fly over it or underneath it. I'm sure that when entering Nijmegen you'll see some nice places to shoot your film anyway. Follow the river east or west and you'll find some old factories as well. To the easy of Nijmegen you can see the" Ooijpolder", a nice nature-reserve with lots of open wide spaces up to the German border.

I would no know any restaurants to recommend but if i must i should say Restaurant Zarzuela, a Spanish restaurant in the easy of Nijmegen.

If you've visited Nijmegen you don't want to go back to Arnhem that's for sure ;)

I would recommend filming at the northside of the river called "De Spiegelwaal". The river is at a record low level so there are lots of sandy beaches to film. The river is one of the busiest of Europe with lots of ships and so. Just stay away from the heliport at the hospital "Radboud" for 3 Km and you'll be fine. Also keep away in the woods on the east side of Nijmegen near Malden because there is a glider-airfield so keep away at a 3 Km radius as well from that place. In the weekend and good weather it can be busy over there with lots of gliders up in the air.

There is also an old abandoned powerplant you'll notice right away when entering Nijmegen. I know it's off limits but if you sneak your drone over it you'll get fantastic shots. Be sure to film the old bridge as well but stay a bit clear of the roads since you're not allowed to fly over it or underneath it. I'm sure that when entering Nijmegen you'll see some nice places to shoot your film anyway. Follow the river east or west and you'll find some old factories as well. To the easy of Nijmegen you can see the" Ooijpolder", a nice nature-reserve with lots of open wide spaces up to the German border.

I would no know any restaurants to recommend but if i must i should say Restaurant Zarzuela, a Spanish restaurant in the easy of Nijmegen.

If you've visited Nijmegen you don't want to go back to Arnhem that's for sure ;)
Thanks so much for the informative response - I've got all the batteries charged and leave this evening for Brussels. Then on to Amiens and to Nijmegan. Will take day trips to Eindoven and Arkham, but shall have enough time for flying the routes you suggested.

Thanks so much for the informative response - I've got all the batteries charged and leave this evening for Brussels. Then on to Amiens and to Nijmegan. Will take day trips to Eindoven and Arkham, but shall have enough time for flying the routes you suggested.

You're welcome. When are you leaving The Netherlands? There are lots of remembrance meetings (operation Market Garden) and other great things happening around the the 15th t/m till the 23rd of september in the neighbourhood of Eindhoven to Ede with Arnhem and Nijmegen in the middle.

edit: here are some photo's i took 4 years ago at 70 years after operation Market Garden in the little town south of Nijmegen called Grave. https://www.flickr.com/photos/96007585@N04

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11